Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority (e.g. Veteran's Recruitment Appointment, present or former Peace Corps personnel, current Postal Service personnel, etc?
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Please review the descriptions below and select the method you wish to be considered for this position:
001 - Competitive MP: This applies to current or former federal employee who either currently or have previously held a permanent position at the GS-09 grade level, with no promotion and below with no promotion potential and are applying for a promotion;
002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to current or former federal employees who is either currently or have previously held a permanent position at the GS-11 level or above, or are currently in or previously held a position with a promotion potential to the GS-11 or above and is applying for a reassignment.
This section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment or referral consideration. This announcement is open to current or former federal employee with reinstatement eligibility; PHS Commissioned Officers; candidates eligible for consideration under a special appointing authority such as Schedule A, the Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) authority, the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA), as a Disabled Veteran, or other authorities; and candidates eligible under the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistant Program (ICTAP).
Please indicate all of the categories of eligibilities for which you wish to be considered. You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Please see the instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
Competitive MP: If you are an applicant currently in a position at the GS-09 level or below, has never held a position above the GS-9 level in the Federal service and is applying for a promotion, please apply under this category. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50.
Non-Competitive MP: If you are an applicant currently or have previously held a GS-11 or above and are applying for a reassignment OR if you are a current PHS Corps Officer, please apply under this category. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 (or billet) or a copy of the SF-50 indicating the highest grade level held.
1. Method of Consideration:A. I am a current or former career/career-conditional employee at the GS-9 or below applying for a promotion. I have never held a position above the GS-9 or a position with a promotion potential above the GS-9 level.
2. To qualify for this position at the GS-9 level, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 grade level of the Federal Service or applicable education or a combination of experience and education equivalent to the GS-7 level. Please select the response below that best describes your level of education or experience. You must submit your latest SF-50 or copies of your transcript.A. I possess a year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level of the Federal Service.
3. To qualify for the GS-11 level, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level of the Federal service or applicable education or combination of experience and education equivalent to the GS-9 level. Please select the response below that best describes your level of education and/or experience.A. I possess a year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level of the Federal Service.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area.
4. Plan, organize and conduct operational reviews/studies.
5. Research complex investigative issues
6. Analyze data or results of studies and recommend administrative strategies or changes.
7. Review and interpret requests for programmatic action or information and determine appropriate course of action.
8. Plan, organize and evaluate effectiveness of programs and procedures
9. Implement changes to programs, policies, and/or procedures.
10. Provide advice and assistance related to investigative and administrative functions.
11. Serve as point of contact for staff on administrative processes and procedures.
12. Provide expertise for office automation efforts.
13. Respond to inquiries addressing program management issues.
14. Provide guidance, advice, and assistance in interpreting policies and procedures.
15. Write operating procedures for use by internal staff.
16. Compile and analyze data and prepare reports for management.
17. Provide formal and informal training to staff on operating procedures.