Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
001 - Competitive MP: This applies to current or former federal employees who either are currently or have previously held a permanent position at the GS-12 grade level or below, with no higher promotion potential and are applying for a promotion;
002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to current or former federal employees who either are currently or have previously held a permanent position at the GS-13 grade level or above, or are/was in a position with a promotion potential to the GS-13 or above and is applying for a reassignment.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Choose an answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and is equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
2. This announcement is open to current applicants eligible under the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Inter-Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) only. (Please refer to the "Other Information" section of the announcement for an explanation of CTAP/ICTAP and the required documentation).
Are you a CTAP/ICTAP candidate?A. Yes
3. This position requires frequent travel - up to 75% of the time. Are you willing to travel?A. Yes
4. Have you successfully completed the Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP) conducted by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) or an equivalent program conducted by another Federal Agency?A. Yes
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area.
5. Independently plan and conduct criminal, civil, and administrative investigations.
6. Serve as technical expert and provide assistance to other criminal investigators in conducting research, study, and analysis of cases to determine applicable laws, violations and proof required.
7. Lead or coordinate complex investigations involving multiple agencies.
8. Conduct highly complex criminal investigations including interviews with suspects, witnesses, informants and other law enforcement agents.
9. Collaborate with agents from other Federal/State/Locale enforcement agencies in initiating contact with officials of regulated businesses and individuals on complex investigations.
10. Conduct formal or informal training on investigation techniques and methods.
11. Prepare investigative reports for prosecutors and management officials.
12. Present investigative findings and facts to Federal, State, and local law enforcement officials and prosecutors.
13. Verify, corroborate, and establish relationships of facts and evidence to establish the accuracy and authenticity of the information.
14. Plan, coordinate, and lead a group of investigators in conducting complex criminal investigations.
15. Collaborate and coordinate with Federal, State, and local law enforcement officials in the planning/conducting of investigative and prosecution efforts.
16. Serve as a technical expert in criminal investigation techniques.