Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service utilizing knowledge of laws and regulations (i.e. American with Disabilities Act, Rehabilitation Act, Federal, Drug, Cosmetic Act) as it relates to providing information to the public through web technology; managing external communications mechanisms regarding information disseminated to the public, public health professionals, and stakeholders; developing and implementing policies for internet and intranet outreach communication mechanisms; and overseeing and directing the work of others?
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Responsible for technical sufficiency of recommendations, proposals, conclusions, and decision regarding an organizations internet and intranet communication mechanisms.
3. Understand the PHS Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Rehabilitation Act and the Federal, Drug, Cosmetic Act and proposed amendments as it relates to providing information to the public through an organization web technology.
4. Develop and implement policies for internet and intranet communication mechanisms.
5. Approve and edit information content exchanged to the public through an organization's web technology.
6. Prepare documentation to aid an organization and staff employees in performing their tasks.
7. Provide status updates or other requested information to senior leadership about an organization’s external communication mechanisms.
8. Oversee the development of information and healthcare professional materials on regulated products for dissemination directly to the public web content.
9. Direct staff responsible for developing, analyzing, and managing an organization's internet and intranet website.
10. Serve as technical consultant and policy advisor to an organization.
11. Manage and coordinate outreach communication mechanisms with stakeholders.