For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may only select one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess.
1. Do you have at least three (3) years of experience as a licensed attorney (or law clerk) preparing for, participating in, and/or reviewing formal hearings or trials involving litigation at the federal, state, or local court level?A. Yes
If your answer is "Yes" in order for you to document that you meet this experience requirement, in the following text box you must fully describe the amount of time spent performing these activities as well as your actual litigation experience. If you do not provide sufficient information to show that you meet the minimum qualification requirement, you will be rated as ineligible. We will not request or accept additional information and/or clarification beyond what you provide in the following text box.
Your background will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required, and the extent to which your responses to this questionnaire show that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position of Assistant United States Attorney. When you are describing your experience, it is extremely important that you provide sufficient detail to show that you have completed, in the aggregate, the full year of experience. Therefore, you will need to quantify the time associated with any claimed experience in terms of the specific dates it was acquired, including the month and year for start and end dates (e.g., May 2009-December 2009). Also, if you provide an example of qualifying experience that overlaps with other non-qualifying experience, you must provide the percentage of time spent on each type of work.
In the text box below, describe your experience, if applicable, that relates to the ¿litigation experience¿ requirement as defined in Section I. Minimum Qualifications. Please pay special attention to the above instructions concerning specificity and detail.
2. Have you had experience trying cases in state or federal court?A. Yes - I have tried cases in either state or federal court.
If you answered "Yes" (Item 3.A), use the text box below to list the number and types of state and federal court cases you have tried and whether these were bench and/or jury trials. List specific types of cases you have tried such as: civil rights, immigration, terrorism and related crimes, violent crimes, commercial litigation, white collar crime, cybercrime, misdemeanors, public corruption, drug crimes, organized crime, property crimes, personal injury and others.
SECTION II. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Please answer YES, NO, or NOT APPLICABLE to the following condition of employment questions. If you respond "No" to any of these questions, you will be disqualified from further consideration.
3. This position requires that you uphold the highest ethical standards, including maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information. Are you willing to abide by all policies and procedures governing the protection of sensitive information?A. Yes
4. If you are a male U.S. Citizen born after 31 December 1959, you are required to register with the Selective Service. Have you registered with the Selective Service? (Female applicants must select "C").A. Yes
5. Have you failed to file or pay state or federal taxes for any year you were required to file returns or are you currently delinquent in the payment of state or federal taxes? If yes, please use the narrative box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the delinquency.A. Yes
6. Are you delinquent in the payment of any student loans? If yes, please use the narrative box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the delinquency.A. Yes
7. Have you ever had a state bar complaint filed against you or had your conduct referred to a state bar in any jurisdiction? If you respond yes to this question, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully explain the circumstances, disclose the jurisdiction and the resolution.A. Yes
8. Has your conduct ever been referred to the Office of Professional Responsibility, Department of Justice? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the referral.A. Yes
9. Has any court ever issued any sanctions, monetary or otherwise, against you or your client arising out of your conduct? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and sanctions.A. Yes
10. Have you or your employer ever reported your conduct or performance to a professional liability carrier? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution.A. Yes
In the text box below, provide a thorough explanation of any "Yes" response to questions 9 through 14. Please pay special attention to the instructions for each question concerning specificity and detail.
SECTION IV. SALARY INFORMATION.
11. The current pay structure at DOJ-EOUSA is based on years of experience; thus, depending on your professional experience, we may not be able to meet your current salary. In order to provide a reference for possible future discussions, please indicate your current salary or most recent salary as a practicing attorney. As appropriate, please also indicate the minimum salary you would be willing to accept.
In the text box below, please indicate your current salary or most recent salary as a practicing attorney. As appropriate, please also indicate the minimum salary you would be willing to accept.
SECTION V. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration.
12. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.A. Yes, I certify/understand the information provided above.