Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience and/or education?A. I have successfully completed the requirements for a Master's degree or 2 full years of graduate education leading to such a degree in any field or a J.D. or L.L.B. degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide training to others (formal classroom, coaching on the job, training on policies, etc.)
4. Act as an administrative manager for an office, overseeing operations and providing administrative technical assistance and support and guidance to lower level staff.
5. Advise management regarding the distribution of work among positions and work units using knowledge of human resources and training policies and regulations.
6. Prepare purchase orders for equipment, supplies, and services, using knowledge of budgeting and procurement regulations.
7. Prepare correspondence and other documents in proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format.
8. Review correspondence for proper format, conformance with instructions or manuals, grammar, and spelling.
9. Read, interpreted, and acted upon written information while on the job.
10. Design and develop/written new procedures, methods, policies, reports, etc.
11. Communicate orally with various levels of employee and management to obtain and provide information.
12. Interact with others, including visitors, all levels of employees, and management.
13. Operation office equipment other than computers (e.g. photocopies, faxes, telecommunications systems).
14. Access, create, and manipulate data using a variety of office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
15. Ensure that accurate information, including available files and records, are disseminated to authorized personnel.
16. Establish and maintain a task tracking system to monitor deadlines, budgets, and other office functions.
17. Establish and maintain files and filing systems, including ensuring their security.
18. Develop office or organizational processes, procedures, or operating plans.
19. Analyze and evaluate employee developmental needs, and recommended appropriate training to meet them.
20. Evaluate administrative programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, or compliance.
21. Develop quantitative and qualitative productivity standards or measures of performance.
22. Analyze facts, defined problems, and identified solutions.
23. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.