Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 758716
CIVIL ENGINEER, GS-0810-12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran’s Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website:
3. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?A. I certify that I possess a valid Drivers License.
5. Do you possess a current certification of Professional Engineering Registration?
INSTRUCTIONS: Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. (Note: The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your narrative application or resume must support the response you select.) Copies of transcripts or a listing of completed coursework must be submitted to document educational accomplishments.
6. Please select one response from the choices A, B or C below that best reflects your education and/or experience in meeting the Basic Entry Requirements for this position. Please read all responses prior to making your selection. For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0800/0800.htm
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Civil Engineer. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-prof.aspA. I meet the basic requirement and have 1 year specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that included the performing of professional engineering work related to the development, design, planning, construction, and maintenance of transportation projects.
INSTRUCTIONS: For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Make suggestions/recommendations to supervisor on the successful administration of IRR program.
9. Facilitate or lead a team ensuring compliance with standard policies, procedures, and contract specifications.
10. Lead a team of up to 4 members in development of projects and delivery of transportation services thru contracts with the Tribal Governments.
11. Set team goals and communicate direction to team members to enable effective program delivery.
12. Provide technical assistance to team members developing statements of work for negotiated contracts.
13. Identify project and team goals through communication with supervisor and customers.
14. Reinforce national, Regional and local guidance from Department, Branch and supervisor to team members effectively.
15. Manage team resources and manpower by assigning tasks based on strengths of individual team members.
16. Ensure all team members have the training, tools and leadership to perform their jobs.
17. Establish immediate goals for transportation improvements based on effective long-range transportation planning.
18. Assist tribal contractors in development of their IRR Inventory.
19. Perform field site visits during the project planning phase for transportation projects.
20. Perform engineering investigations/surveys on facilities to ensure compliance with contract specifications as well as Federal and state regulations.
21. Compile data for use during the design of various transportation projects.
22. Compile data for use in determining environmental impacts of project construction and assist in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
23. Review investigations/surveys completed by others.
24. Prepare or review plans/drawings and specifications for projects prior to contract advertisement to determine constructability.
25. Conduct preliminary site investigation to determine project feasibility and scope.
26. Determine/verify cost estimates for projects.
27. Develop schedules for orderly and timely accomplishment of project work.
28. Arrange for obtaining survey and design data and information from outside sources such as contractors, other state and Federal agencies in order to develop contract bid documents.
29. Prepare reports and make recommendations that serve as the basis for project approval and funding.
30. Track contract deliverables and expenditures for planning, design and construction contracts.
31. Attend pre-construction conferences to discuss and clarify principal construction features.
32. Provide technical assistance to prepare bid documents for construction projects.
33. Serve as Contracting Officer's Representative for commercial contract projects.
34. Serve as Awarding Official's Technical Representative for construction and maintenance projects.
35. Ensure that contractors abide by applicable acquisition regulations (local/state/federal) and contract requirements.
36. Approve contractor construction schedules and plans.
37. Determine whether construction is progressing in accordance with contract requirements.
38. Prepare technical reports setting forth progress status and recommend contract action needed to correct deficiencies.
39. Verify progress payments from the contractor and recommend payment terms to the CO/AO.
40. Interpret contract specifications and drawings pertaining to construction.
41. Review and approve submittals for changes in plans, materials or construction methods received from contractor.
42. Make the final engineering determination on whether methods and materials employed meet the requirements of the contract.
43. Develop contract specifications and requirements.
44. Monitor activities to assure that projects are implemented and desired outcomes are achieved.
45. Negotiate issues among parties with differing interests to gain agreement on changes affecting the program or work product.
46. Prepare general correspondence or informational memorandums and letters in draft or final format.
47. Provide technical assistance and review of the preparation of plans, drawings and/or specifications for construction projects.
48. Review plans, drawings and/or specifications for construction projects to determine constructability and conformance with the scope of work.
49. Provide technical assistance to the tribe in the design of roads and associated features (sidewalks, curbs and drainage).
50. Manage, under contract, the construction of roads and associated features.
51. Manage, under contract, the design and construction of water control structures, culverts, ditches, and drains.
52. Investigate and analyze structures/facilities to identify deterioration/damage.
53. Identify fatigue, cracking, wear or damage, or differential settlement in concrete, timber, or steel.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
54. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
INSTRUCTIONS: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.