Select appropriate answer to each of the following questions below.
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. YES.
2. Are you a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree; OR Are you a graduate of a foreign pharmacy degree program that meets the education requirement of a degree found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).A. YES.
3. Do you have a full, active and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia?A. YES.
4. Do you possess any one of the following: one year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, as substantiated in your resume, which is directly related to the position to be filled; or completion of an ACPE-accredited Pharm.D. program?A. YES.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Applies knowledge of professional pharmacy practice in performance of clinical duties.
6. Applies knowldege of pharmaceuticals, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics, and pharmacotherapeutics in performance of clinical duties.
7. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to both patients and health care staff.
8. Applies knowledge of laws, regulations, and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security.
9. Monitors and assesses the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
10. Comprehensively reviews medication orders to include but not limited to; allergy assessment, drug-drug and drug-disease interaction potential, lab value assessment, and elimination of duplicate/obsolete orders.
11. Reviews drug regiments for therapeutic effectiveness and appropriate recommendations ar emade to improve outcomes, reduce potential for serious adverse effects and promote cost containment.
12. Critically and clinically reviews paitents on targeted high risk agents (warfarin, aminoglycosides, vancomycin, paralytic agents, etc) to ensure safety and efficacy of therapy.
13. Actively participates in interdisciplinary rounds and provides proactive medication interventions that promote high quality care.
14. Actively participates in emergency code and pre-emergency situations.
15. Accurately and efficiently inputs, screens, verifies, finishes, and checks inpatient medication orders utilizing professional drug knowledge and adhering to policies and procedures.
16. Directing pharmacy technicians and trainees in the inpatient medication filling processes to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
17. Prepares, reconstitutes, and labels intravenous solutions in accordance with USP 797 (large volume admixtures, piggybacks, syringes, pumps, etc.).
18. Prepares, reconstitutes, and labels intravenous chemotherapy agents in accordance with USP 797.
19. Prepares, reconstitutes, and labels TPN and PPN intravenous solutions in accordance with 797.
20. Ensures appropriate pharmaceutical waste management of trace and bulk IV (to include chemotherapy) waste.
21. Provides patients and/or caregivers with information regarding the handling and pharmacologic use of their medications.
22. Documents all clinical activities, via progress notes or other mechanisms.
23. Provides authoritative drug information and resolution of questions posed by physicians, consultants, and other health car providers regarding stability, indications, contraindications, compatabilities, dose, routes and schedule of administration, adverse effects, drug use criteria, and formulary alternatives.
24. Provides educational inservices to health care providers (physicians, nurses, pharmacy staff, etc.)
25. Provides training/preceptorship of pharmacy residents and students on the critical duties of the job/rotation.
26. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.