Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34) or , I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
6. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
1. From the descriptions below, please select one response that best describes how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-1420, Archivist. (PLEASE NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts or professional registration to verify your claim).A. I have a Bachelor's degree in archival science.
2. For GS-09: Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1420-09 ARCHIVIST. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-07) in the Federal service performing professional archival work in appraising, arranging, describing, preserving, publishing or providing reference service from public records and historic documents. Experience may include, but is not limited to: researching the origin and subject-matter content of public records and historic documents, assisting in research of historical records and sources, organizing of documents and information, and researching subject guides for collections. Such duties are performed for the purpose of archiving and preserving documents for informational and historic purposes.
3. For GS-11: Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1420-11 ARCHIVIST. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-09) in the Federal service performing professional archival work in appraising, accessioning, arranging, describing, preserving, publishing or providing reference service from public records and historic documents. Experience may include, but is not limited to: analyzing the origin and subject-matter content of public records and historic documents, conducting research in historical records and sources, devising a method of organization of documents and information, and developing subject guides for collections. Such duties are performed for the purpose of archiving and preserving documents for informational and historic purposes.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Evaluate archive records to determine their continuing value.
5. Develop recommendations regarding the retention of records based on their informational values.
6. Safeguard records from deterioration of their value through disarrangement or alteration.
7. Evaluate older accessioned materials to identify collections in need of additional preservation efforts.
8. Maintain interagency agreements to ensure access to records stored at other repositories.
9. Determine the relative value of records by researching the mission of the original organization and how it functioned.
10. Determine the extent to which the records involved may contain unique and significant information.
11. Research and provide information and records in response to inquiries.
12. Analyze record processing methods and make recommendations regarding improvements based on the latest methods of archival science.
13. Analyze archival collections to develop digital inventories.
14. Analyze current conservation and preservation methods and implement updates as needed.
15. Prepare appraisal reports to defend decisions regarding destruction or retention of historical items.
16. Develop finding aids and research tools for historical collections.
17. Utilize archival and other software systems to track the receipt, storage, retrieval and transfer of records.
18. Identify and prioritize collections to be digitized to improve access to the records.
19. Provide accurate answers to inform users of the existence and availability of records.
20. Assist in the management of a digital collection.
21. Review and prepare correspondence in accordance with prescribed procedures.
22. Provide complex written answers to inquiries.
23. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.