Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level serving as a leader responsible for conducting frequent personal contacts, interacting directly with community organizations, Congressional committees and federal agencies; Serving as a technical authority on evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of major program operations which enhance outreach and communication with stakeholders, state, local, territorial, and tribal partners, including intergovernmental component offices.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
DEFAULT SCALE: For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Involved in public relations activities which includes presenting formal briefings/speeches to stakeholders and the general public on diverse and controversial or complex issues.
4. Communicate with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups to include representing a program or organization in high level conferences and/or meetings or acted as a liaison to other internal/external organizations or agencies.
5. Successfully conducting negotiations about sensitive, work related subjects with both internal and external groups.
6. Making presentations which includes representing the agency at trade shows, community organizations, or local groups, and/or coordinated the agency's participation in public relations activities.
7. Providing interpretation, technical guidance, and direction to stake holders and/or the general public.
8. Explaining in writing the policy guidance or I have written new policy that presented sensitive or controversial information.
9. Developing, interpreting and implementing new policies that impact a community relations program.
10. Assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.
11. Reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.
12. Monitoring or developing performance measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration.
13. Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with interest groups with diverse needs, anticipated and assessed their needs, and provided complex information to them.
14. Analyzed the pros and cons of key ideas/initiatives and clearly elucidated these options for key internal and external stakeholders with the result that the ideas/initiatives were successfully implemented.
15. Defuse potentially volatile/difficult situations involving multiple groups.
16. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.