The Vacancy Identification Number is:759261
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.
001 - This position is opened to U.S. citizens and citizens of allied nations.
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
The following are basic requirements for this position. Please select the letter that best describes your education and/or experience.
1. Do you possess a JD or LL.B Degree?A. Yes
2. Are you an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico?A. Yes
3. Select the one response that best describes the level of experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability as it directly relates to this position.A. I have at least four years post J.D. experience as a practicing attorney that includes three years of specialized experience interpreting and applying the provisions of the Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940; providing sound guidance and expertise in the evaluation of policy issues of the federal securities laws; identifying volatile practices intended to take advantage of or defraud investors; and managing an organization that conducts examinations or audits of financial or securities firms, or experience applying accounting/auditing concepts and rules applicable to investment companies and investment advisers.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Designing and implementing strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals.
5. Addressing and resolving complicated or difficult human capital management issues, including in a labor-management context, demonstrating a high level of interpersonal and leadership skill and judgment in building and managing relationships.
6. Managing a large and complex organization.
7. Developing and implementing an organizational vision which integrates key national and program goals, priorities, values, and other factors of that organization that displayed a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment to public service on a major agency-wide or company-wide effort.
8. Explaining, advocating, and expressing facts and ideas (both orally and in writing) in a convincing manner.
9. Interpreting and applying the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and familiarity with the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
10. Analyzing complex problems and devising innovative solutions that demonstrated the ability to work with legal standards, stated policies, and existing market structures to develop creative approaches to problems.
11. Providing in-depth understanding of the operations and compliance issues of regulatory agencies.
12. Overseeing and operating complex examinations/inspections of investment advisers and or investment companies.