Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 759284
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
You must meet the basic educational/experience requirements for GS-0193. In addition, you must meet additional education and/or specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response you select. For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0100/0193.htm
5. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education and/or experience you have that demonstrates how you meet the Basic Qualification Requirement for this GS-0193 Archeologist position. Select only one response.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-prof.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-09 Archeologist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select, please provide all proper documentation supporting education and/or experience, (i.e., College transcripts, certificates, etc.)
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Archeologist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select, please provide all proper documentation supporting education and/or experience, (i.e., College transcripts, certificates, etc.)
8. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Archeologist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select, please provide all proper documentation supporting education and/or experience, (i.e., College transcripts, certificates, etc.)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each statement.
9. Conduct archaeological literature and records research.
10. Identify archaeological and historic sites in the field.
11. Identify and describe artifacts found in the field or collected for later analysis.
12. Prepare reports, develop findings and recommendations for management officials.
13. Actively participate in the digitizing and packaging existing records and information for off-site storage, and return of artifacts to tribal entities.
14. Create and manage cultural resources geo-spatial databases.
15. Understand the Share Point program to tract projects.
16. Serve as technical authority on laws, regulations and guidelines related to cultural resources, including the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), the Archaeological Resources Protection Act (ARPA), the American Indian Religious Freedom Act (AIRFA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and the Native American Graves and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA).
17. Assist in the preparation of environmental assessments and environmental impact statements and other documents required by NEPA such as categorical exclusions.
18. Prepare stipulations for archaeological permits and statements of work for contracts, and review all permit applications and contract proposals for technical appropriateness and cost-effectiveness.
19. Review contractor reports and reports generated by ARPA permits based on prevailing professional standards and legal requirements
20. Manage contracts as assigned, providing technical guidance to contractors (including tribes) and monitor contractor performance.
21. Make recommendations to division chief and regional director for approval or rejection of permit applications, contract terms, and reports.
22. Assist law enforcement agencies and offices in the investigation and prosecution of ARPA violations.
23. Locate potential information sources in texts, journals, maps, etc.
24. Identify and record prehistoric and historic archaeological sites.
25. Identify and record architectural structures.
26. Identify and record traditional cultural properties such as birch bark collecting areas and maple sugar collecting and processing areas.
27. Compile and analyze data and write reports using the acquired data.
28. Write cultural resource sections of NEPA compliance documents.
29. Identify, record and measure artifacts.
30. Prepare reports or planning documents pertaining to the management of cultural resource.
31. Assess requirements for Section 106 compliance under 36CFR800-Protection of Historic properties.
32. Apply National Park Service bulletins and guidelines to evaluate cultural resources for the National Register of Historic Places.
33. Conduct National Historic Preservation Act Section 106 consultation.
34. Develop work schedules for completing assigned projects.
35. Assess the quality of work submitted by contractors and ARPA permit holders.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
36. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.