Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level reviewing and evaluating training information from a variety of sources; determining training needs for supervisors and leadership courses; developing training plans; preparing lesson plans; designing and impletmenting a variety of graduate level programs; selecting the proper methods of conducting training; and participating and conducting training in supervision and leadership to include employee relations, conflcit resolution, change management, recruitment and retention, performance appraisals, succession planning and employee development.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
DEFAULT SCALE: For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Schedule and coordinate training facilities (i.e. space and location) for training events.
4. Arrange for the provision of necessary training equipment, supplies, and materials for a training event.
5. Identify who should attend supervisory or leadership training.
6. Develop and apply new training methods, approaches and technology.
7. Design training aids such as videos, graphic reproductions and sample documents.
8. Make changes to an organizations training curricula to enhance program training effectiveness, correct deficiencies and ensure compliance.
9. Develop and monitor action plans related to the implementation of innovative training projects.
10. Oversee and evaluate agency-wide employee training and development programs.
11. Develop original course plans and designs for basic, intermediate and advanced supervisory training course concepts.
12. Plan, develop, and implement curriculum for a broad range of supervisory and leadership-related education training programs that are non-standardized or where special problems may exist.
13. Prepare courses and materials for on-going supervisory and leadership-related training programs including writing course syllabi, lesson plans and student handouts.
14. Analyze data and extract information to identify problems, significant factors, or trends to assist in decision making.
15. Extract training data from an automated system.
16. Assess program curriculum, content of courses, and instructional materials to coordinate the development of new, innovative courses.
17. Conduct training surveys and prepare case studies for use during training.
18. Document training history in an automated system.
19. Verify training attendance and completion.
20. Formally notify others of upcoming training.
21. Review newly emerging and rapidly changing subject matter to ensure the timely integration of new information into course curricula.
22. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.