Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority (e.g. Veteran's Recruitment Appointment, present or former Peace Corps personnel, current Postal Service personnel, etc?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Nurse Consultant, GS-0610-13.A. I have a degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time I completed the program.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes the additional registration requirement that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Nurse Consultant, GS-0610-13.A. I possess an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. NOTE: An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within six (6) months of appointment. A person appointed pending registration may not be retained beyond six (6) months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes the additional requirement of registration that meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for the Nurse Consultant, GS-0610-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates experience evaluating and reporting patient trends in research processes, patient and population outcomes, protocol compliance by patients and staff, and contributes to efforts which directly improve research processes and results. Incumbent will interpret clinical program requirements; formulate policies, methods, and procedures; monitor, review, evaluate, and assess the integrity and quality of clinical aspects of program operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Provide clinical nursing and program perspective in the assessment of policies, projects, data related to the measurement of quality, legislative, and administrative proposals.
5. Develop, evaluate, and interpret health program policies.
6. Provide contract or project management related to the quality of nursing services and health care delivery.
7. Prepare briefing materials related to quality measurements and health assessment.
8. Analyze the various implications of enforcing program requirements/policies.
9. Utilize clinical judgment skills to determine the viability and feasibility of large-scale recovery audits.
10. Conduct special studies and develop comparative analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical practices and health care services provided.
11. Conduct clinical technical reviews and assists non-clinical staff in the development and review of clinical reviews.
12. Consult with experts in the delivery of nursing services and health care delivery to obtain information or assistance related to issues of concern.
13. Provide recommendations regarding clinical aspects of nursing practice and nursing programs.
14. Research relevant background information in order to make effective policy recommendations.