Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verity your eligibiliy.
1. Current Department of Defense Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of Defense (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, etc) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show 1 in box 34); or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Readjustment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34) with Department of Defense. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: If you respond yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. PPP Military Spouse Program - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-10) in the Federal service performing maintenance on the hardware and wiring associated with computer, Local Area Network (LAN) systems or laboratory instrumentation systems? This experience would typically include duties such as: planning and directing the installation of complex systems and associated facilities; designing and analyzing circuits, determining design feasibility, evaluating equipment performance under varying environmental conditions, and collecting performance data; developing or evaluating new or modified electronic systems; analyzing and diagnosing faults in the operational configuration of electronic systems and equipment. Duties are typically performed to support operability, reliability and/or maintainability of systems.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Adapt methods and techniques to solve electronic design and operational problems.
3. Research work methods to improve electronic system processes or procedures.
4. Design improvements to electronic systems (e.g. computerized behavioral conditioning and measurement systems; computerized microbiology imaging and analysis systems, etc.) that add to their usefulness, reliability and/or maintainability.
5. Adapt methods and techniques to solve electronic operational problems on laboratory electronic systems.
6. Review electronic repairs or modifications performed by others to ensure compliance with engineering practices and specifications
7. Develop electronic equipment systems to solve design and/or operational problems.
8. Conduct design studies on the feasibility, suitability, adaptability and/or operational utility of electronic equipment.
9. Implement electronic system upgrades and/or modifications for multi-disciplinary biological signal analysis, gas separation and chromatography systems and/or related equipment.
10. Use diagnostic tools to resolve electronic system or equipment malfunctions.
11. Utilize fault isolation techniques to identify and resolve equipment performance malfunctions.
12. Resolve researcher's equipment problems by analyzing user instrumentation needs, required performance specifications and other sources of information.
13. Diagnose the cause of electronic and computer system malfunctions and initiate remedial maintenance actions to maintain operational readiness.
14. Provide technical advice and guidance to investigators on the use, operation, and maintenance of research systems.
15. Deliver expert input to engineering management on the reliability, accuracy and operational suitability of electronics equipment proposed for acquisition.
16. Initiates corrective actions to prevent the re-occurrence of past electrical faults or equipment malfunctions.
17. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.