Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Providing this information is completely voluntary and will not affect the processing of your application or consideration for employment. Prior to the review of your application materials, these demographics will be separated from your application along with any personal identifiers.
The collected information will help us to better understand the applicant pool for Federal jobs. The nature of the information received is confidential. This information will be maintained under conditions that ensure only summary data for all applicants are reported and that no individual applicant's data is provided to selecting officials. This information becomes part of a Privacy Act System of Records as identified in 5 CFR 552a, and any disclosure of this record or information contained in this record is in accordance with routine uses found in OPM/GOVT-7, Applicant Race, Sex, National Origin, and Disability Status Records.
The categories below provide descriptions of ethnicity, race and disability. Select the category(s) with which you identify yourself.
Category 01 and 02, "Ethnicity", check only one; category 03 through 07, "Race", check all that apply; category 08-10, "Disability Status" select one; category 12-20 "Targeted Disabilities", in the case of multiple impairments, choose the code which describes the impairment that would result in the most substantial limitation; category 11 applies to Schedule A appointment eligibility.
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
Please answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate response. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
Please answer the following question by selecting the most
1. There is a time in grade requirement for this position. To meet the time in grade requirement for the grade you are applying for you must have held the next lower grade on a permanent basis for at least 52 weeks or have permanently held the grade for which you are applying. Please indicate the appropriate response below.A. I have not been a permanent federal employee in the last 52 weeks or I do not know my highest grade or equivalent.
2. DTIC Employee - I am a current permanent Career or Career-Conditional employee of this agency.A. Yes and I have held permanent grade in the Federal government equal to or higher than the highest grade of the position being filled.
3. DoD Transfer (Excluding this agency)- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional DoD (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, DLA, DFAS, or DoDEA) employee in the competitive service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).A. Yes and I have held permanent grade in the Federal government equal to or higher than the highest grade of the position being filled.
4. Non-DoD Transfer- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional Non-DoD (Dept of Labor, VA, etc.,) employee in the competitive service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).A. Yes and I have held permanent grade in the Federal government equal to or higher than the highest grade of the position being filled.
5. Appointment of Certain Military Spouses- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who has been issued orders for a permanent change of station (PCS) and I am indicated on the PCS orders; and I have been married to the military member on, or prior to the date of my spouse's PCS orders; and I am relocating with my spouse to the new duty location; and I have not been appointed using this authority under these orders. -OR- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who retired with a disability rating at the time of retirement of 100 percent; or retired or separated from the Armed Forces and has a disability rating of 100 percent from the Dept of Veterans Affairs. -OR- I am the un-remarried widow or widower of a member of the Armed Forces killed while in active duty status. (NOTE 1: Spouses are eligible for a noncompetitive appointment under this authority for a maximum of 2 years from the date of the service member's permanent change of station orders. NOTE 2: For current military spouse's this appointment authority is limited to the geographical area of the PCS orders and is limited to one permanent appointment per PCS orders. For spouses of 100 percent disabled veterans or widows/widowers this authority is not limited to a geographical area and there is not a limit to the number of appointments under this authority. NOTE 3: You must include a copy of your spouse's PCS orders, or VA disability rating, or DD-1300 and Death Certificate, as applicable.)A. Yes
6. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a federal civilian on a permanent competitive appointment, but I am not a current permanent federal employee. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career/career conditional separation SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).A. Yes and I have held permanent grade in the Federal government equal to or higher than the highest grade of the position being filled.
7. 30% Disabled Veteran- I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any), SF-15 Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference, and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA), or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that you have a service-connected disability of 30% or more along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
8. Executive Order (EO) 12721- I was employed overseas as an Appropriated Fund employee and am eligible to apply in accordance with EO 12721. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents as shown in this announcement under "Required Documents," along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
9. Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) - I am currently serving on a NAFI or Army Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) position without time limitation, or I have been involuntarily separated from such an appointment without personal cause within the preceding year; AND, I have been serving or have served in such a position continuously for at least one year. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent personnel action form and a prior personnel action form which will reflect at least one year of continuous service as a NAF/AAFES employee along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
10. Other- I am currently on a permanent position which is equivalent to at least the (grade of the position) level (or higher) in the federal service; however, I am an employee for a federal agency which has an interchange agreement with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, or with a federal agency covered under other special appointing authorities or agreements (e.g., TSA, U.S. Postal Service, FAA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50, or equivalent employment document along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
11. People with Disabilities- I have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a certification statement from a state Vocational Rehabilitation Service (state or private), Department of Veterans Affairs, a licensed medical professional (e.g., a Physician or other medical professional duly certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory, to practice medicine); or any Federal agency, State agency or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
12. I am eligible to apply under another authority not listed here (e.g. completion of Peace Corps, VISTA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents showing your eligibility.A. Yes
13. Are you a retired Federal employee receiving an annuity from the Office of Personnel Management? NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, attach a copy of your retirement Standard Form 50 to your application.A. Yes
From the statements below, select the letter that describes the specialized experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of a Budget Analyst at the GS-13 grade level. You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the Federal service.
NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 managing large, complex reimbursable accounts.
2. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) accounting systems.
3. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 working in the formulation and execution of a budget program, and recommending and implementing local budgetary and financial policies
4. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 writing complex budget justification narratives and preparing and delivering professional-quality briefings and presentations.
5. From the descriptions below, select the letter that corresponds to the Certification that you possess. You MUST submit copies of your proof of certification. Failure to submit documentation may result in you not receiving credit for your certification.A. I currently have a Financial Management-related professional certification (e.g., Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), Certified Government financial Manager (CGFM), etc.)
6. Please select the highest level of education that that you have earned. You MUST submit transcripts or proof of education to verify your claim. See the How to Apply section of the vacancy for acceptable documentation.A. I have completed all required courses and assignments in order to obtain a Bachelors Degree from an accredited university.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience, education and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task, but I am willing to learn.
7. Use the budget formulation process in order to assure that resource forecasts, estimates, and submissions conform to requirements, guidelines, and financial objectives of assigned funds.
8. Assess resource allocation for a major segment of an organizational budget or operating expense fund(s).
9. Use financial management principles to manage programs and to evaluate achievement of objectives.
10. Monitor program funding levels to ensure legal/efficient use of funding.
11. Prepare, justify and administer the budget for program areas.
12. Plans, administers and monitors expenditures to ensure cost effective support of programs and policies.
13. Participate in the preparation of detailed instructions for developing area budget, tracks progress of budget requests and prepares analyses and impact assessments.
14. Develop and implement analytical methods and procedures.
15. Independently present controversial and critical findings and recommendations.
16. Expertise of cost accounting methods and procedures, budget analysis, budget formulation, estimating methods and workload forecasting.
17. Ability to direct the planning, formulation and justification of estimate for personnel salaries, supplies, equipment.
18. Conduct briefings and presentations for senior leaders with the purpose to inform or instruct.
19. Conduct presentations on issues reflecting results of studies or surveys.
20. Present results of studies and analyses at meetings with customers, other agencies, and others.
21. Prepare and present detailed findings and reports; prepare reports/correspondences for submission to senior management
22. Identify problems; determine the accuracy and relevance of information.
23. Make recommendations to management based on research.
24. Use judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives.
25. Identify problems and formally propose solutions to financial management issues.
26. Recommend revisions, reprogramming of resources, and/or management changes in order to keep programs on schedule.
27. As previously explained, your responses in this assessment questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents (e.g. resume) you submit. Ensure that your resume accurately describes the level of education and/or experience claimed in the assessment questionnaire.
Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this information
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.