Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following (1) questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-09 Public Affairs Specialist.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Verifies facts being disseminated to the public.
3. Edits press documents for clarity and conformity to approved formats and policies.
4. Edits articles, reports, and other written documents ensuring they are grammatically correct and follow approved formats and policies.
5. Verifies citations and statutory references contained in legal documents for accuracy.
6. Responds to routine information requests from local and regional news media on significant program initiatives.
7. Facilitates working relationships with individuals from the media.
8. Maintains direct contact with the general public, specialized groups, and community and governmental entities directly affect by an organization's programs.
9. Provides ancillary administrative and office support services for an attorney's office.
10. Serves as a technical resource for public information programs.
11. Establishes and/or manages a public relations program for an organization.
12. Organizes press conferences or other similar events.
13. Maintains highest level of discretion in terms of dealing with sensitive, highly confidential, and proprietary matters.
14. Organizes and develops media outreach programs to publicize an organization's programs and/or policies to national audiences.
15. Maintains effective working relationships with many local and national media contacts.
16. Navigates the Internet and social media sites in a professional communications capacity.
17. Prepares briefing materials for dissemination to national audiences.
18. Prepares written materials for dissemination and publication.
19. Edits articles, reports, and other written documents ensuring they are grammatically correct and follow approved formats and policies.
20. Prepares Power Point presentations, including charts and graphics, in connection with press conferences and other public events, and has at least some familiarity with Excel.
21. Prepares and processes a variety of technical legal documents which are characteristically voluminous and moderately complex in format.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
22. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department