Question #1 will be used to determine whether you meet minimum qualification requirements.
1. Please read the following statements carefully and select the one response that best describes your experience. You must respond to this question and submit a résumé that clearly describes your related experience to receive consideration for this position.A. I have one full year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service) that included employing qualitative and quantitative methods to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of a health regulatory, emergency response, or food related services program; conducting emergency exercises to evaluate an organization's emergency response readiness; and writing plans and reports pertaining to the analysis of programs and emergency preparedness operations.
Program Analysis and Planning
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Conduct program studies to analyze problems in program funding, staffing levels, and/or service distribution.
3. Define objectives for the long-range implementation of operational plans and changes.
4. Develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of a program.
5. Analyze new legislation to assess its impact upon program policies and operations.
6. Establish tracking systems for monitoring program budget and/or contract activities.
7. Conduct tabletop exercises to assess emergency response readiness.
8. Devise emergency management plans for foodborne emergencies.
9. Coordinate investigations of both natural and man-made disasters.
10. Implement policy guidance for the prevention of intentional food contamination.
11. Update emergency response protocols to improve preparedness for national emergencies.
12. Brief management on the status of emergency preparedness operations.
13. Explain program study results and recommendations at meetings.
14. Coordinate the work of others to execute emergency preparedness assessments.
15. Deliver presentations to high ranking officials.
16. Advise leadership on process improvements and implementation methods.
17. Compose emergency preparedness documents (e.g., plans, protocols, standard operating procedures, etc.) to provide disaster response instructions.
18. Write reports concerning the status of program activities for public health officials.
19. Submit written recommendations regarding emergency response operations for management to use in decision-making.
20. Assist in drafting procedures to support a health regulatory or food related services program.