Verification of Citizenship
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. Note: To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., Chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in Veterans Health Administration (VHA), applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
3. Select only ONE response below that applies to you. DD Form 214, Member copy 4 and SF-15 MUST be included with your application package.
Indicate if you are a current or former civilian, federal employee
4. I am a current employee of the Dept of Veterans Affairs. (If yes, must include most recent SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action that shows position title and grade, tenure and type of appointment).
5. I am a current or former federal civilian employee. (If yes, must include most recent SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action that shows position title and grade, tenure and type of appointment).
Applicants must meet the basic education requirement to qualify for this position. Applicants must have a full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia. A pharmacist who have or has ever had, any license(s) revoked, suspended, denied, restricted, limited, or issued/placed in a probationary status may be appointed only in accordance with the provisions in Part II, Chapter 3, Section B, Paragraph 16 of VA Handbook 5005.
6. Do you possess a Pharmacy degree from an approved college or university? The degree program must have been approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of the ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED).A. Yes
7. Do you possess a full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia?A. Yes
Indicate if you have had coursework in information technology or healthcare informatics. Please provide documentation or certifications received for this type of education.
8. Have you completed coursework related to information technology and/or healthcare informatics from an accredited institution?A. Yes
In addition to meeting the basic education and licensure requirements, you must have specialized experience as defined below. Specialized Experience is experience functioning at the highest level of clinical practice, working independently under a scope of practice as defined by the medical center to directly care for patients.
9. Do you have one year of Specialized Experience at the GS-12 grade level in Federal service, which has demonstrated broad knowledge of full responsibility for clinical informatics and pharmacy automation systems?A. Yes
Knowledge of Pharmacy Informatics Systems and Processes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
10. Plan, implement and manage a comprehensive automation system for pharmacy services.
11. Develop automated processes, based on Visual Basic for Applications, to reduce process waste and improve process accuracy.
12. Use Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access, with a focus on advanced analytics.
13. Use ProClarity and/or Microsoft Excel PowerPivot.
14. Utilize SQL to efficiently and accurately retrieve data from the VA Corporate Data Warehouse.
15. Employ relational database design understanding and SQL skills to maximize query efficiency and to meet end-user needs.
16. Actively troubleshoot hardware and software systems to identify root causes and suggest/implement solutions.
17. Use VA FileManager (FileMan) at an INTERMEDIATE level.
18. Apply a broad understanding of the Veterans Information System and Technology Architecture (VistA).
19. Apply Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) knowledge to build/troubleshoot quick orders, menus, and reports
20. Apply VistA pharmacy package knowledge to troubleshoot pharmacy processes, databases and interfaces and assess patches.
21. Develop and maintain Microsoft SharePoint sites
22. Utilize statistical analysis to identify data outliers and explain complex data succinctly.
23. Effectively establish performance improvement benchmarks and goals.
24. Draft, present and utilize Failure Mode Effect Analysis reports.
25. Participate in Root Cause Analysis workgroups.
26. Understand and actively apply lean manufacturing techniques, six-sigma processes and/or other process improvement systems.
27. Integrate clinical knowledge into quality assurance systems and decision-making.
28. Design and develop quality assurance dashboards.
29. Apply knowledge of VHA data sources (including Allocation Resource Center, Corporate Data Warehouse, and VHA Support Service Center).
30. Identify project measures and milestones and apply this knowledge to system planning and management.
Program Management and Administration
31. Establish work schedules and allocate staff resources as needed.
32. Establish performance standards and ensure that staff functioned at acceptable levels
33. Recommend appointments, awards, promotions, reassignments and disciplinary actions.
34. Develop written policies and procedures defining operation requirements.
35. Employ Human Resource Management principles to assure a productive and equitable workplace
36. Foster teamwork and vision through leadership skills and strategic planning.
37. Effectively plan and collaborate with vendors and multiple departments on concurrent initiatives.
38. Communicate effectively in writing and orally.
39. Precept pharmacy students and residents.
40. Educate pharmacy and medical center staff in the use of automation and clinical informatics.