Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following (1) questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-09 Legal Administrative Specialist.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
2. I have experience utilizing various software applications to design and create litigation support databases and processing e-discovery.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Maintains tracking logs of media, data, productions and case-specific discovery protocols.
4. Prepares training materials for litigation support applications.
5. Customizes electronic production specifications based upon specific case and discovery requirements.
6. Prepares electronic document productions in a variety of software specific formats.
7. Scans, codes, and OCRs paper documents.
8. Works with information technology staff in resolving litigation support computer system problems and customizing databases and programs modified to meet user needs.
9. Assists and/or trains attorneys and legal support staff in organizing voluminous case information for efficient retrieval through automated means such as scanning, indexing and controlling of documents into a database.
10. Manages internal and external discovery and forensic service providers.
11. Provides litigation support software training and helpdesk support.
12. Provides organizational, legal and technical assistance to support the litigation teams with legal automation requirements and systems capabilities.
13. Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems associated with litigation support applications.
14. Copies CD/DVDs and hard drives.
15. Edits audio and video files for use during discovery and trial.
16. Prepares trial graphics, photo boards, maps, charts and other demonstrative exhibits required for litigation.
17. Designs and creates Concordance, IPRO, ISYS, and CaseMap litigation support databases.
18. Creates, modifies, imports, and exports litigation support database specific load files.
19. Prepares computerized trial presentation programs.
20. Utilized LAW PreDiscovery processing software program.
21. Utilized IPRO eCapture processing software program.
22. Utilized IPRO eScanit processing software program.
23. Utilized Nuix processing software program.
24. Utilized Clearwell processing software program.
25. Utilized Access Data Forensic Toolkit.
For question number 26, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
26. Indicate the frequency in which you processed electronically stored information (ESI) for use in civil or criminal cases.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
27. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department