Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 726841
REALTY SPECIALIST (CONVEYANCES), GS-1170-9
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Incumbent may be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license will be required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Do you possess a valid state Drivers License?
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-9 Realty Specialist (Conveyances). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
6. Perform a variety of assignments in the acquisition and disposal program for trust and restricted property, ensuring the protection of trust assets and receipt of fair market value or agreed upon value.
7. Serve as an advocate in assisting the Tribes and Tribal members with respect to the conveyance of their real property holdings.
8. Perform work in acquiring property involving common or familiar use with standard or no encumbrances.
9. Oversee disposal of property that may involve few environmental concerns and a market in which the sale will have little economic impact.
10. Conducts routine negotiations with willing individuals or small groups.
11. Provide assistance in areas related to real estate services, and real estate technical personnel
12. Review work in progress to provide advice on assignments, release of information, completeness of process, etc.
13. Research, analyze and review complex and conflicting problems and issues.
14. Provide findings and recommendations on issues.
15. Provide guidance and direction to staff members and land owners on findings and recommendations.
16. Analyze transactions, including the application, land description, appraisal, NEPA, TSR, and other clearances to ensure compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulations, tribal ordinances, policies and procedures.
17. Ensure that beneficiaries and other interested parties are aware of the decision, their rights (appeals), and next steps.
18. Analyze and research historical transactions and records; and obtains information from various electronic or hardcopy sources.
19. Review the conveyance and related documents for compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulations, tribal ordinances, policies and procedures.operation.
20. Complete the recommendation for approval/disapproval of the conveyance.
21. Ensure that approval/disapproval/awards are recorded in the appropriate system of record.
22. Consult with land owners and other interested parties about the conveyance process and other needs and documentation.
23. Provide technical assistance on the execution of a conveyance.
24. Notify beneficiaries and other interested parties of approvals/disapprovals/awards/leases.
25. Coordinate and collaborate with other department in order to have an accurate understanding of the status and activity on trust land.
26. Write clear, accurate, well-organized documents using correct grammar and style.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
27. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.