Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 727186
REALTY SPECIALIST (CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT), GS-1170-9
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Incumbent may be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, as an incidental duty, therefore, a valid driver's license will be required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Do you possess a valid state Drivers License?
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-9 Realty Specialist (Contracts Management). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
6. Process applications for, i.e., rights-of-way, surface and subsurface leasing and permitting.
7. Prepare legal instruments in conformance with legal, statutory, regulatory, and policy requirements.
8. Analyze transactions, including applications, land descriptions, appraisals, and other clearances to ensure compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulations, tribal ordinances, policies and/or procedures.
9. Coordinate with the appropriate personnel ensuring leases, permits, and rights-of-way are issued or granted after thorough consideration of current surface and subsurface use.
10. Monitor the collection of trust funds from realty transactions.
11. Monitor realty related activity for compliance through on-site inspection and reporting.
12. Recommend corrective action or changes needed for compliance.
13. Tracks and evaluates compliance issues and corrective actions.
14. Investigate unresolved rights issues.
15. Take appropriate corrective action in response to violations.
16. Formulate and establish work plans and daily assignments.
17. Enforce resource management policies, procedures, goals, objectives and plans.
18. Manage varied project activities to meet fiduciary and legal requirements.
19. Use a wide range of real estate methods, and investigate and analyze a variety of problems to develop solutions.
20. Collaborate with others or work on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
21. Assist in development of alternatives to determine course of action in response to current and emerging problems.
22. Research, analyze and review complex or conflicting problems and issues.
23. Provide findings and recommendations on problems/issues.
24. Provide guidance and direction to staff members and owners on finding and recommendations.
25. Provide quality service seeking to meet or exceed expectations.
26. Draft responses to inquiries, congressional and other special reports based on research of historical transactions and records to assist in resolving issues or potential issues.
27. Provide guidance to other staff in areas related to real estate services.
28. Collaborate and coordinate with staff in order to ensure an accurate understanding of the status and activity on trust lands.
29. Prepare comprehensive documents that indicate the facts, findings, and recommendations using applicable formats, clear and concise language, and correct grammar and punctuation.
30. Initiate and maintain contact with technical experts, organizational staff, public and private business enterprises, and the general public.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
31. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.