1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Telecommunications Specialist, at the GS-11 grade level.
2. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Telecommunication Specialist, at the GS-12 grade level.
3. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Telecommunication Specialist, at the GS-13 grade level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
4. Evaluate effectiveness of telecommunications equipment and systems, recommended technologies to meet common and specialized operations requirements, and used data from electronic systems to support operations.
5. Establish technologies to support standard telecommunications operations.
6. Establish equipment and system capabilities to support standard telecommunications operations.
7. Establish equipment capabilities to support routine telecommunications functions.
8. Interact with in both formal and informal settings, such as communicating ideas, goals, policies, and regulations with co-workers or customers.
9. Discuss project information in meetings involving technical issues or in other assignments, such as serving as a point of contact for personnel outside of the organizational unit on procedural or technical matters.
10. Communicate routine policies and procedures on non-controversial programs.
11. Participate in oral discussions to obtain, or give facts on basic technical programs.
12. Prepare written program materials that required the adaptation of guidelines and the use of a broad range of pertinent sources.
13. Apply grammar, writing, style, and editing guidelines and practices in producing written products containing technical, yet factual information.
14. Utilize well-established procedures in preparing inputs to evaluation reports.
15. Independently execute work assignments, identifying work objectives and determining project approaches, specific project steps, input required, schedules, milestones, and resources required.
16. Execute work assignments, including identifying work components and setting deadlines, milestones, and responsibility areas.
17. Complete work assignments planned by supervisors, meeting critical deadlines, and accomplishing work, under general supervision.
18. Interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures supporting a telecommunications program specialty area or difficult telecommunications operations.
19. Interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures supporting an activity's telecommunications operations.
20. Apply rules and procedures supporting well-established telecommunications operations.
21. Research technical and regulatory data and prepared organization policies, guidelines, and procedures on various aspects of the telecommunications program.
22. Prepare reports analyzing telecommunications requirements, and operations.
23. Identify technical information and develop data to analyze activity's telecommunications system.
24. Identify standard categories of technical information and extracted program data to analyze activity's current telecommunications operations.
25. Identify several categories of standard technical information and extracted data on status of telecommunications system.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the level of formal PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
26. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
27. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
28. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.