Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select one response from the responses listed below that best indicates how you meet the education requirement for a Computer Scientist, GS-1550-14 position.A. You must have successfully completed a bachelor's degree (or higher degree); full 4 year course of study in computer science with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
You must meet the specialized experience requirement for this position. You must possess at least one year of specialized experience as described below:
2. Please select one response from the responses listed below that best indicates how you meet the specialized experience for a Supervisory Computer Scientist, GS-1550-14 position.A. I possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Examples include significant experience with the following: Experience overseeing, leading, directing a professional and regulatory program related to medical device data reporting and analysis. Work with planning and organizing assignments and methodology, acting on own initiative to integrate and coordinate own work or work of others, alerting higher level management on key developments. Work improving work methods and procedures. Work overseeing technical data, estimates, statistics, suggestions, and other information related to adverse events and regulatory databases.
Please select the response that is applicable to you.
3. Are you?A. A current Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) Career or Career-Conditional employee with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level. You must select a response for each question.
4. Provide technical assistance and guidance on adverse event reports involving problems with medical devices.
5. Provide guidance, education, information, and feedback to manufacturers and health care facilities.
6. Serve as an expert or authority in electronic reporting procedures associated with medical device adverse event reporting.
7. Supervise, lead, oversee, or serve as expert within a diverse group of professionals such as public health and computer scientists professionals with expertise in medical device adverse event reporting systems.
8. Plan, coordinate, and evaluate administrative, technical programs and activities carried out by an office/organization involved with databases such as those that contain biometric data.
9. Lead, plan, schedule, or carry out major studies or projects concerned with the analysis and evaluation of computer hardware and software procedures involving medical device adverse event reporting or related databases.
10. Utilize business project management skills in e-reporting systems to facilitate receipt of Medical Device Reporting data.
11. Serve as point of contact on matters related to quality assurance of the medical device reporting, alternative summary reporting and office tracking databases.
12. Examine designs, determine and implement modifications necessary to achieve programs goals.
13. Communicate recommendations regarding medical device adverse event reporting databases.
14. Communicate program hardware and software needs with appropriate office(s).
15. Provide to appropriate office(s), systems design,modifications, and procurement.