The Vacancy Identification Number is:761383
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.
001 - This position is opened to U.S. citizens and citizens of allied nations.
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
The following are basic requirements for this position. Please select the letter that best describes your education and/or experience.
1. Do you possess a JD or LL.B Degree?A. Yes
2. Are you an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico?A. Yes
3. Select the one response that best describes the level of experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability as it directly relates to this position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Work in groups and teams and conduct meetings and conferences with outside groups.
5. Gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
6. Substantive work experience interpreting and applying laws and rules related to the federal securities industry, particularly with respect to those relating to Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933 and/or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as well as applying and interpreting the provisions in actual legal or business settings.
7. Address difficult legal and policy issues as they relate to federal securities industry, particularly with respect to those relating to Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933 and/or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
8. Research/Analyze legal standards, stated policies, and existing market structures to develop creative approaches to problems.
9. Provide legal advice for complex problems of an operational, business, and legal nature, identifying key elements of the problems and developing workable solutions.