Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Consumer Safety Officer
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select the response below that best describes your education and/or experience in relation to the basic requirement for this position. Transcripts demonstrating how you meet the requirements outlined below are required of all applicants.A. I possess a Bachelor's or higher degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
2. Please select the response below that best describes your experience in relation to the minimum qualifications for this position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, planning and leading evaluations or audits of medical device/radiologic product manufacturing facilities to ensure they are in compliance with all rules and regulations; providing technical advice and guidance to external stakeholders (e.g. manufacturers, trade associations, researchers, etc.) on the provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; drafting reports outlining the findings of facility inspections and recommended corrective actions; and delivering briefings on technical or regulatory information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide technical advice and guidance to staff on the methods or procedures for inspecting, evaluating, or investigating medical device or radiologic product manufacturers and their facilities
4. Evaluate medical device manufacturers' compliance with the provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
5. Interpret the provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act for regulatory bodies, trade associations, or regulated industry
6. Prepare positions papers outlining an organization's recommendations or guidelines regarding the safety or efficacy of medical devices or radiologic products
7. Develop policy guidance documents related to the evaluation or inspection of medical device or radiological product manufacturers for use by regulated industry, trade associations, governmental agencies, and/or the general public
8. Draft organizational positions or justifications for actions based upon research into legal precedents or legislative histories
9. Identify the need for new or revised policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with established quality control procedures
10. Develop new methods or procedures for analyzing or evaluating a medical device manufacturer's compliance with established regulations
11. Identify areas which warrant further investigation into medical device/radiologic product manufacturer's quality control practices or manufacturing operations
12. Persuade stakeholders to accept new or modified policies or regulations
13. Negotiate with stakeholders for the acceptance of audit or evaluation findings
14. Present or explain orally technical or regulatory information to external groups with varying degrees of understanding of the subject matter