Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 761905
Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
1. From the descriptions below, select the response which most closely and accurately describes your experience to perform as a Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems) at the GS-09 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level which demonstrates experience in coordinating human resources systems initiatives, advising on the integration of human resources information systems; reporting, analyzing, interpreting and presenting human resources data; and conducting research analysis to develop and recommend automated strategies to meet the needs of an organization.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list of below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the duties of the position. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Interpreting and evaluating data using human resources integrated systems (HRIS).
3. Serving as a liaison between the human resources (HR) and information technology
departments (IT) to provide system(s) support and analysis.
4. Partnering with IT to brainstorm technology solutions to meet the needs of both internal and external users of human resources information systems.
5. Conducting systematic studies to identify both long and short-term HR/HRIS needs and/or issues of servicing organizations.
6. Using a variety of software programs or HR integrated systems for reporting, spreadsheet development and/or database implementation.
7. Familiarity with various automated HR systems which may include recruitment/strategy, payroll processing, on boarding and case tracking.
8. Generating various data reports on HR metrics and activities.
9. Compiling recurring and/or ad hoc metrics reports.
10. Analyzing human resources data to identify trends or areas in need of improvement.
11. Providing advice and guidance to staff and customers on automated systems.
12. Skill in planning, organizing and assisting with automated systems initiatives.
13. Developing applicable standards and/or guidelines as it pertains to automated integrated system(s).
14. Serving as a technical specialist in the implementation, design, maintenance and/or operations of different automated HR information systems.
15. Formatting and integrating human resources data from a wide variety of human resources information systems/sources to develop and prepare reports or other related statistical documents.
16. Performing research of procedures, policy and regulations related to automated systems.
17. Reviewing and/or evaluating statements of work and specifications for sufficiency in relation to HR automated tools.
18. Interpreting and applying federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
19. Implementing changes/and or modifications to automated data processing systems as needed based upon new regulations, agency directives, executive orders and policies.
20. Giving formal and informal briefings on presentations on human resources programs or initiatives in relation to HR automated systems and/or initiatives.
21. Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with managers and/or employees.
22. Performing training and informational presentations to agency employees.
23. Instructing end-users and troubleshooting HRIS applications.
24. Drafting memos, advisory opinions, policies, procedures and other various correspondences.
25. Composing action plans related to human resources automated systems.
26. Creating monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports for agency management.
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and
provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and
its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or
imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731).
I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.