Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Providing this information is completely voluntary and will not affect the processing of your application or consideration for employment. Prior to the review of your application materials, these demographics will be separated from your application along with any personal identifiers.
The collected information will help us to better understand the applicant pool for Federal jobs. The nature of the information received is confidential. This information will be maintained under conditions that ensure only summary data for all applicants are reported and that no individual applicant's data is provided to selecting officials. This information becomes part of a Privacy Act System of Records as identified in 5 CFR 552a, and any disclosure of this record or information contained in this record is in accordance with routine uses found in OPM/GOVT-7, Applicant Race, Sex, National Origin, and Disability Status Records.
The categories below provide descriptions of ethnicity, race and disability. Select the category(s) with which you identify yourself.
Category 01 and 02, "Ethnicity", check only one; category 03 through 07, "Race", check all that apply; category 08-10, "Disability Status" select one; category 12-20 "Targeted Disabilities", in the case of multiple impairments, choose the code which describes the impairment that would result in the most substantial limitation; category 11 applies to Schedule A appointment eligibility.
Please accurately identify your level of experience and
demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses,
resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked
at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and
Please answer the following questions by selecting the most
appropriate response. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN
INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify
your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents
will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How
to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
Please answer the following question by selecting the most
1. There is a time in grade requirement for this position. To meet the time in
grade requirement for the grade you are applying for you must have held the next
lower grade on a permanent basis for at least 52 weeks or have permanently held
the grade for which you are applying. Please indicate the appropriate response
2. DTIC Employee - I am a current permanent Career or Career-Conditional employee of this agency.A. Yes and I have held permanent grade in the Federal government equal to or
3. DoD Transfer (Excluding this agency)- I am currently employed as a permanentcareer or career-conditional DoD (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, DLA, DFAS, or DoDEA) employee in the competitive service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).A. Yes and I have held permanent grade in the Federal government equal to or
4. Non-DoD Transfer- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional Non-DoD (Dept of Labor, VA, etc.,) employee in the competitive service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent
5. Appointment of Certain Military Spouses- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who has been issued orders for a permanent change of station (PCS) and I am indicated on the PCS orders; and I have been married to the military member on, or prior to the date of my spouse's PCS orders; and I am relocating with my spouse to the new duty location; and I have not been appointed using this authority under these orders. -OR- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who retired with a disability rating at the time of retirement of 100 percent; or retired or separated from the Armed Forces and has a disability rating of 100 percent from the Dept of Veterans Affairs. -OR- I am the un-remarried widow or widower of a member of the Armed Forces killed while in active duty status. (NOTE 1: Spouses are eligible for a noncompetitive appointment under this authority for a maximum of 2 years from the date of the service member's permanent change of station orders. NOTE 2: For current military spouse's this appointment authority is limited to the geographical area of the PCS orders and is limited to one permanent appointment per PCS orders. For spouses of 100 percent disabled veterans or widows/widowers this authority is not limited to a geographical area and there is not a limit to the number of appointments under this authority. NOTE 3: You must include a copy of your spouse's PCS orders, or VA disability rating, or DD-1300 and Death Certificate, as applicable.)A. Yes
6. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a federal civilian on a permanent competitive appointment, but I am not a current permanent federal employee. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career/career conditional separation SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).A. Yes and I have held permanent grade in the Federal government equal to or
7. 30% Disabled Veteran- I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any), SF-15 Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference, and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA), or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that you have a service-connected disability of 30% or more along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
8. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)- I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND my discharge was performed under honorable conditions. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit copies of DD-214s (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any) and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
9. Executive Order (EO) 12721- I was employed overseas as an Appropriated Fund employee and am eligible to apply in accordance with EO 12721. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents as shown in this announcement under "Required Documents," along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
10. Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) - I am currently serving on a NAFI or Army Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) position without time limitation, or I have been involuntarily separated from such an appointment without personal cause within the preceding year; AND, I have been serving or have served in such a position continuously for at least one year. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent personnel action form and a prior personnel action form which will reflect at least one year of continuous service as a NAF/AAFES employee along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
11. Other- I am currently on a permanent position which is equivalent to at least the (grade of the position) level (or higher) in the federal service; however, I am an employee for a federal agency which has an interchange agreement with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, or with a federal agency covered under other special appointing authorities or agreements (e.g., TSA,
U.S. Postal Service, FAA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50, or equivalent employment document along with your application/resume package.
12. People with Disabilities- I have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a certification statement from a state Vocational Rehabilitation Service (state or private), Department of Veterans Affairs, a licensed medical professional (e.g., a Physician or other medical professional duly certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory, to practice medicine); or any Federal agency, State agency or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits along with your application/resume package.A. Yes
13. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement,
you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
14. I am eligible to apply under another authority not listed here (e.g. completion of Peace Corps, VISTA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents showing your eligibility.A. Yes
15. Are you a retired Federal employee receiving an annuity from the Office of
Personnel Management? NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, attach a copy
of your retirement Standard Form 50 to your application.
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that most closely represents your experience for the position of IT Specialist (CUSTSPT), GS-2210-12. Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies. Please mark only one response. SELECTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR NO RESPONSE AT ALL MAY MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies:
Respond to the following question; choose the response that best represents your highest level of experience.
Mark only one response for each question. (NOTE: This same experience must be well described in the resume that you submit in addition to answering this questionnaire. Failure to adequately support your answers to this questionnaire within your submitted resume may result in an ineligible rating.)
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that corresponds to the highest level of experience that you fully possess and demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a IT Specialist (CUSTSPT) at the GS-12 grade level. NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience working with Microsoft desktop operating systems and end user applications running on Intel-based microcomputers. Experience installing and maintaining software remotely, imaging new systems, interfacing with other technical groups, and providing customer service.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Analyze changing program and/or software applications to provide appropriate customer assistance and training.
4. Participate in the regular installation, configuration, and testing of new systems software or other improvements made to existing systems.
5. Assist in establishing criteria to test reliability, completeness, and accuracy of newly installed programs or software.
6. Serve on an application implementation team that ensured that customer service requirements were addressed.
7. Coordinate, execute, implement, and maintain the installation and operation of customer application systems.
8. Define procedures for providing post-implementation support.
9. Test data integrity and reliability and make alterations.
10. Integrate a variety of systems development activities and new technologies.
11. Develop, update and maintain a comprehensive database of technical and corresponding resolutions.
12. Troubleshoot the most complex problems in a manner that minimizes interruptions .
13. Develop specifications for user instruction manuals based upon customer needs.
14. Provide technical guidance or training to customers to prevent problem recurrences.
15. Utilize trouble management system tools to document and track customer problems.
16. Detect and report problems concerning the availability and functionality of networks and systems.
17. Conduct trend analyses to identify areas where additional customer training and assistance is needed
18. Provide technical support to team and/or senior specialist to accomplish routine work need to accomplish information projects.
19. Make adjustments as necessary to personal workout to make most efficient use of time to meet project milestones.
20. Independently set goals, plan strategies, schedule and coordinate personal work efforts with others to achieve overall project goals.
21. Assist team leader in the integration of information systems project segments into a cohesive, final product to meet established requirements within specific time frames.
22. Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this information
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.