Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 762624
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICER, GS-0341-9/11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Administrative Assistant. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Administrative Assistant. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Administrative Officer. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
8. Participate in the development of policies relating to organizational operations.
9. Provide direction of day-to-day administrative activities of an organization in the following areas: budget and finance, contracting, property and supply, management analysis and improvement, and personnel.
10. Revise and evaluate procedures that are necessary to make management's policies effective.
11. Review the progress of various activities by analyzing reports and having organizational discussions with program managers.
12. Report to management problems that require attention and to elect and evaluate the recommended solutions proposed by branch managers.
13. Responsible for providing technical advice and assistance for contract monitoring functions, and ensure proper administration and compliance of all contracts.
14. Develop short and long range plans relating the efficient flow of administrative functions.
15. Give administrative direction to fiscal functions, interpret instructions and advise personnel on matters requiring attention.
16. Coordinate the development and execution of financial programs.
17. Review tentative budget plans to assure instructions and program plans are adhered to in relation to personnel, fiscal, and property requirements, and ensure inconsistencies are resolved with the branch managers.
18. Consolidate, summarize, and supervise the preparation of justifications for financial plans for approval by management.
19. Coordinate a variety of procurement actions and resolves related problems.
20. Make follow-ups on the preparation of all program plans to ensure that they are submitted within established deadlines.
21. Use computer systems or applications to access, create, edit, print, send, retrieve, or manipulate data, files, or other information.
22. Collect, compile, and organize information.
23. Review reports, documents, records, data, or other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, or authenticity.
24. Monitor, maintain, or update data, records, or other information.
25. Search for and extract information from files, documents, reports, publications, recordings, or other materials.
26. Maintain computerized databases or information tracking systems.
27. Advise staff on organizational procurement regulations.
28. Monitor and advise organizational purchasing activity in compliance with applicable regulations.
29. Develop and review specifications for use in solicitations for goods and services.
30. Direct preparation and execution of annual inventory of property.
31. Advise staff and all personnel on property regulations.
32. Direct the preparation of personnel documents for hiring, reassignment, promotion, performance evaluation, and employee incentive programs.
33. Coordinate employee recruitment, promotions, awards and training activities.
34. Initiate and coordinate requests for personnel actions with the office of Human capital management.
35. Design staffing patterns to effectively carry out organizational mission and objectives.
36. Coordinate management staff to effectively execute actions related to employee discipline within applicable policy, regulation and law.
37. Provide administrative direction to staff in accordance with established standards, regulations, and policies.
38. Serve as advisor to management providing advice in the areas of budget, fiscal auditing, personnel, property, procurement, grant administration and proposal writing.
39. Interpret and explains administrative policies.
40. Ensure that the viewpoints and plans management are adequately understood and translated into proper action by the operating branches.
41. Represent management at meetings with officials, other agencies, and individuals.
42. Make contact with others to plan, coordinate and advise on work efforts and to seek and provide optimum service, to provide professional advice, and to gain information to better carry out assigned duties and responsibilities.
43. Compose complex correspondence or other written work.
44. Ensure there is a logical arrangement of information in correspondence reports, articles and other work related materials.
45. Review reports, documents, records, data, and other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance and authenticity.
46. Develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to effectively achieve organizational goals and objectives.
47. Provide complete and concise oratory in communicating directives, advice, or conveying general information to internal and external stake holders.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
48. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.