If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service?
For information on who is required to register for the Selective Service, please visit The Who Must Register Page.
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Medical Officer (Clinical) GS-0602-15 position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the Minimum Education requirements for the Supervisory Medical Officer (Clinical) GS-0602-15 position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position because I have successfully completed the requirements for Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes your professional physician registration status.A. I qualify for this position because I have an active, current medical license as a physician in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
3. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet Additional Qualifications Requirements for a Supervisory Medical Officer (Clinical), GS-0602-15 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-15 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: leading and mentoring a medical staff in a research environment; providing leadership in the planning, directing and coordination of biomedical clinical research programs and activities, including administrative, regulatory and scientific matters; managing and evaluating research projects that are broad and complex in scope and require unconventional approaches or complex research techniques; establishing goals and objectives for assigned research area, and coordinating efforts to facilitate the resolution of critical issues involving accomplishment of the research; reviewing research data and progress reports, and implementing corrective actions needed to achieve established research goals and objectives; making recommendations to senior personnel for facilitating new research efforts, clinical studies, clinical trials, or other initiatives required to meet program needs; and planning and arranging national or regional seminars and symposia leading to the more rapid dissemination of scientific data.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government or Status for referral consideration. Please respond yes or no to the following question. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page. .
For the following questions, please provide a short response to best describe your experience and/or training.
Please provide a list of the board certification(s) you possess, if applicable.
Please identify your medical speciality or areas of expertise.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.