Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 757770
Engineering Equipment Operator, WG-5716-08
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (08-08) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference?
Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility?
Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
3. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed?
Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
The incumbent of this position will be/is required, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicles in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid Class ‘B’ Commercial Driver's License is required.A. I certify that I possess a valid Class 'B' Commercial Driver's License.
5. Description: Do you have the ability to perform work of an Engineering Equipment Operator without more than normal supervision; work independently, make decisions, plan operations, show job responsibility, and exercise initiative?A. Yes.
Description: Ability to operate a heavy equipment machinery.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
6. Load and unload materials, parts, supplies, and cargo on transport vehicles.
7. Operate equipment with hydraulically controlled blade, backhoe, or other attachments.
8. Use tools and equipment such as shovels, wheelbarrows, and saws.
9. Excavates fill as necessary for structures on projects.
10. Skilled in the manipulation of handles, levers and pedals used with operating backhoe, dragline, motor grader, bulldozer and heavy truck.
Description: Ability to apply work practices (Maintenance and Repair).
11. Maintain or repairs roadside ditches or shoulders.
12. Operate or maintain non-powered equipment or hand tools.
13. Conduct periodic inspection of tools and equipment.
14. Clean canals, laterals, and ditches to shape and rebuild.
Description: Ability to complete task following instructions.
15. Interpret diagrams to complete construction and maintenance projects.
16. Interpret specifications to complete construction and maintenance projects.
17. Know basic knowledge of the nature of the soil and features of the terrain to determine the proper approach according to the condition of the surface and subsurface.
18. Read and follow maintenance manuals and manufacturer's guidelines.
19. Follow written work schedules and plans.
20. Perform day-to-day work in ditches on own initiative; and reports to supervisor on any major problems requiring engineering or other asistance.
Description: Knowledge of Safety Regulations.
21. Read, implement, and follow safety warnings.
22. Inspect work areas to ensure that they meet health, safety, or sanitation standards or codes.
23. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards or procedures (for example, Occupational Safety and Health Administration policies).
24. Responsible for adhering to safety rules and regulations, road courtesy, obeying traffic signals and signs.
25. Lift and move weights and load frequently over 50 to 70 pounds in a safe manner.
Description: Ability to understand technical or other complex materials required for completing the job.
26. Responsible for preventive maintenance of vehicles and assuring the servicing schedules are met.
27. Recommends improvements or solutions to problems or determines appropriate actions.
28. Review reports and documents.
29. Arranges for the maintenance or repair of equipment, facilities, or property, including grounds.
30. INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not electing you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accurancy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accurancy; 3) verify that your responses accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF-50s) is received and is accurate.