Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (11) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
1. Are you a citizen of the United States?A. Yes
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
2. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
3. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. Yes
Licensure requirement may be waived by the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs for a period not to exceed two (2) years from the date of employment on the condition that the psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
4. Are you a non-licensed psychologist and meet the eligibility requirements as stated above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
5. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association?A. Yes
6. Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?A. Yes
New Veterans Health Administration (VHA) psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full on-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirements.
7. Have you successfully completed a VHA internship program meeting the requirements above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, you must also have experience that was obtained through employment as a psychologist or through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program that demonstrates 1) active professional practice that was paid/non-paid employment and/or 2) a full, current and unrestricted license. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current psychology practice and must also have been at the level comparable to professional psychology experience at the next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is post-doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly related to the duties performed.
8. Do you have post-doctoral experience demonstrating possession comparable to professional psychology practice skills as described in the paragraph above?A. Yes
9. Do you have experience that was obtained through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program as described above?A. Yes
Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques pertaining to a full range of patient populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - This section evaluates your knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position. For each task below, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
10. Diagnose mental health and personality disorders.
11. Conduct full range of psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments.
12. Apply advanced professional psychological diagnostic methods and evidence-based intervention strategies to a full range of patient issues.
13. Formulate and implement person centered treatment plans.
Ability to provide professional advice and consultation, in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
14. Provide direct psychological care, consultation, and other related services.
15. Conduct individual and group therapy and interventions, psycho-education, and other services to a diverse population.
16. Consult with medical staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
17. Provide screening, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of depressive and anxiety-related disorders, as well as, other Axis I and Axis II conditions.
18. Provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
19. Treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities.
Knowledge of clinical research literature.
20. Keep abreast of current procedures, policies, and directives pertinent to the practice of psychology.
21. Consult with medical staff and provide the treatment team with clinical information.
22. Consult reference material, such as textbooks, manuals, and journals to keep updated on current findings, facts, and breakthroughs in the psychology field.
23. Comply with national and local performance measures.
24. Make clinical notes, including diagnostic and procedure codes.
Ability to train, guide, mentor and support healthcare team members who will provide evidence-based health behavior self-management support interventions that may be carried out via phone and may support patients using web, home messaging, or video teleconferencing techniques, including supporting others in co-managing group intervention at parent facilities and CBOCS.
25. Provide supervision to pre-doctoral and post-doctoral Psychology trainees.
26. Provide full range of psycho-diagnostic services/procedures via Telemental Health.
27. Assume professional responsibility for clinical assessment results, patient care decisions and documentation.
28. Develop and provide on-going training to treatment team and other providers.
Skill in consulting with and supporting the other primary care, prevention, and patient health education team members in conducting behavioral health/preventive medicine programs.
29. Consult with treatment team to develop appropriate programs, and effective intervention plans.
30. Serve as lead clinical consultant.
Ability to provide health behavior assessment and intervention with patients with multiple co-morbidities and or chronic disease, special needs, and complex clinical problems, and to perform specialized health psychology assessments such as pre-bariatric surgery psychological assessments/intervention.
31. Conduct psychological assessments to diagnose personality and mental health disorders.
32. Develop a comprehensive therapeutic plan based on interview and assessment results.
33. Provide a full range of comprehensive, evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a diverse group of professional staff and management officials.
34. Document clinical notes in a clear and concise manner.
35. Provide clear instructions to subordinates and information to management effectively.
36. Attend and participate in administrative and informational meetings.
Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies and incorporate new clinical procedures.
37. Obtain and study medical, psychological, social, and family histories to develop and incorporate treatment procedures.
38. Evaluate the effectiveness of treatment and the accuracy and completeness of diagnosis, modifying plans and diagnoses as necessary.
39. Use a variety of treatment methods, such as psychotherapy, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, etc.
Administer, score and interpret objective and subjective personality measures including but not limited to standardized intelligence and achievement tests.
40. Administer and score standardized assessment tools, including intelligence and achievement tests.
41. Interpret and evaluate results of standardized assessment tools, including intelligence and achievement tests.
Ability to incorporate psychological test findings into a thorough comprehensive report including diagnostic summaries and treatment recommendations.
42. Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, clinical notes, and other reference material to develop an individualized and comprehensive treatment plan and summary.
43. Provide comprehensive clinical reports to other treatment providers.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
44. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.