Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Training Specialist, GS-1712-11.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service providing assistance in conducting E- learning assessments to effectively organize, track, manage and enhance assessments and identify skills gaps in order to support both online and paper-based assessments including extensive reporting and auditing.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Training Specialist, GS-1712-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service conducting E-learning assessments to effectively organize, track, manage and enhance assessments and identify skills gaps in order to support both online and paper-based assessments including extensive reporting and auditing.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Training Specialist, GS-1712-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service experience developing and designing training and educational programs; and conducting E-learning assessments to effectively organize, track, manage and enhance assessments and identify skills gaps in order to support both online and paper-based assessments including extensive reporting and auditing.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Direct collaborative academic and outreach programs to enhance the relationship with other government centers, agencies, and colleges to develop programs of mutual benefit.
5. Analyze requests for new training programs and changes to existing training programs and scheduling processes.
6. Analyze each course within a proposed program to identify training facility, instructional, and other resource requirements for inclusion in the total program curriculum.
7. Identify the effect or impact of all scheduling and resources allocation activities on the agency community.
8. Develop strategies to solve problems related to availability of resources, course sequencing, or other scheduling issues.
9. Formulate individual training program model schedules to ensure that training programs meet the needs and interests of the organizations served.
10. Review each training program during development and/or revision to confirm or validate that the courses are conducted within the parameters of sound professional methodologies.
11. Develop training programs that are designed and sequenced in such a way that training facilities and instructional resources are likely to be available for the program, and also in conjunction with other programs running simultaneously at the agency.
12. Develop training programs models.
13. Propose, generate, and distribute program documentation, i.e., training plans, model schedules, individual class schedules, practical exercise schedules, scheduling changes and confirmations.
14. Establish and maintain current databases of documentation regarding training programs, approval packages, training facility, instructional, and other resource requirements, course sequencing information, course titles, numbers and training program modifications.
15. Evaluate training, policies, procedures, curricula, instructional methods and techniques, quality of instruction, adequacy and utilization of training aids and devices, facilities and equipment used in training courses.
16. Provide advice to management and staff in the planning, development, presentation, and evaluation of training and education programs.
17. Provide advice on needs assessments involving professional and staff development.
18. Develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
19. Design and develop training curricula and materials.
20. Develop procedures, criteria and standards for use in evaluating the training and educational programs.
21. Conduct course evaluations and prepares final course summary evaluation for presentation to staff and to management.