Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 763644
REALTY SPECIALIST, GS-1170-11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
Incumbent will occasionally operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
INSTRUCTIONS: A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
You must meet the basic educational/experience requirements for GS-1701. In addition, you must meet additional education and/or specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response you select). For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-11 Realty Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.).A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-9 grade level in the federal service. Examples of specialized experience may include work involving providing oversight to management of trust and restricted property; performing on-site inspections for compliance; recommending corrective action or changes needed; analyzing transactions including applications, land descriptions, appraisals, NEPA, TSR, and other clearances, to ensure compliance; consulting with beneficiaries, lessees, land owners and other interested parties about the contracting process, options, and other needs and documentation. (Your resume must support this experience.)
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-12 Realty Specialist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-11 grade level in the federal service. Examples of specialized experience may include work involving the oversight of trust and restricted property; protecting the highest degree of all aspects of contracting, leasing and compliance of trust resources, and maintaining the overall effectiveness of the trust services.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Points)
8. Provide oversight to management of trust and restricted property.
9. Ensure the protection, conservation, and prudent utilization of Indian lands.
10. Process applications for, i.e., rights-of-way, surface and subsurface leasing and permitting.
11. Prepare legal instruments in conformance with legal, statutory, regulatory, and policy requirements.
12. Analyze transactions, including applications, land descriptions, appraisals, and other clearances to ensure compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulations, tribal ordinances, policies and/or procedures.
13. Coordinate with the appropriate personnel ensuring leases, permits, and rights-of-way are issued or granted after thorough consideration of current surface and subsurface use.
14. Monitor the collection of trust funds from realty transactions.
15. Identify lands available for lease from expiring leases or through review of idle land reports.
16. Negotiates the terms and conditions of complex leases or similar types of agreements or authorizing documents for different types of property.
17. Monitor realty related activity for compliance through on-site inspection and reporting.
18. Recommend corrective action or changes needed for compliance.
19. Track and evaluate compliance issues and corrective actions.
20. Investigate unresolved rights issues.
21. Take appropriate corrective action in response to violations.
22. Formulate and establish work plans and daily assignments.
23. Enforce resource management policies, procedures, goals, objectives and plans.
24. Manage varied project activities to meet fiduciary and legal requirements.
25. Use a wide range of real estate methods, and investigate and analyze a variety of problems to develop solutions.
26. Collaborate with others or work on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
27. Analyze requests for use of Indian-owned trust assets involving determining the compatibility of proposed uses with agency mission and owner needs.
28. Assist in development of alternatives to determine course of action in response to current and emerging problems.
29. Research, analyze and review complex or conflicting problems and issues.
30. Provide findings and recommendations on problems/issues.
31. Provide guidance and direction to staff members and owners on finding and recommendations.
32. Provide quality service seeking to meet or exceed expectations.
33. Draft responses to inquiries, congressional and other special reports based on research of historical transactions and records to assist in resolving issues or potential issues.
34. Provide guidance to other staff in areas related to real estate services.
35. Collaborate and coordinate with staff in order to ensure an accurate understanding of the status and activity on trust lands.
36. Prepare comprehensive documents that indicate the facts, findings, and recommendations using applicable formats, clear and concise language, and correct grammar and punctuation.
37. Initiate and maintain contact with technical experts, organizational staff, public and private business enterprises, and the general public.
38. Serve as advocates in assisting the Tribes and Tribal members with respect to the utilization of their real property holdings.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
39. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veteran's or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.