1. INSTRUCTIONS: Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
Please choose the one (1) statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for Veterans Preference as a 30% or more Compensably Disabled Veteran (10-point 30% Compensable Disability Preference -CPS).
2. ARE YOU CURRENTLY A PERMANENT CINCINNATI, OH VA MEDICAL CENTER EMPLOYEE?
If you answer YES to this question, YOU MUST provide a copy of your last or most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action." The SF-50 must indicate proof of status (for example, you were a career or a career-conditional employee) and should identify your position, title, series, grade, step, tenure, and type of service (Competitive or Excepted).A. YES, I am a current Cincinnati, OH VA Medical Center employee and I have uploaded a copy of my most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action." The SF-50 uploaded indicates proof of status (for example, you were a career or a career-conditional employee) and identifies my position, title, series, grade, step, tenure, and type of service (Competitive or Excepted).
The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions to identify basic requirements, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Please answer A ("Yes") or B("No") to each question below.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
3. I am a Citizen of the United States.
4. The candidate must have fulfilled both of the following:
Note: Completed study in a specialty area of psychology means completion of a full curriculum in counseling psychology, not just incidental courses in these areas as part of a program of study in a specialty area unrelated to the position for which being considered. Please remember that a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.]
I have fulfilled both of the following educational requirements above.
5. I hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
6. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, serving in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
7. Selected candidates for this position must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be found suitable to perform the essential duties of a Physician Assistant. (These medical exams are conducted by the VA at no cost to the candidate). I am willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination if I am selected for this position
8. Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.