Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 764082
REALTY OFFICER, GS-1170-11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
You must meet the basic educational/experience requirements for GS-1170. In addition, you must meet additional education and/or specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please not that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your reference provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response your select. For more information, go to http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Realty Officer. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-9 grade level in the federal service. Examples of specialized experience may include work involving performing on-site inspections for compliance; consulting with beneficiaries, lessees, land owners and other interested parties about the contracting process, options, and other needs and documentation. (Your resume must support this experience.)
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Realty Officer. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Possess knowledge of a wide range of real estate principles, concepts and practices; provide technical assistance and guidance in all areas of real estate management.
9. Analyze historical transactions and records to collect ownership records, title status reports, land location, encumbrances, historical use, land consolidation plans, conflicts in land use or adjacent land use, or other data needed to resolve issues or potential issues.
10. Ability to obtain information from various electronic or hardcopy sources, searches records to obtain information.
11. Provide guidance and monitor compliance issues and corrective actions to insure completion.
12. Interpret and apply Federal, Departmental, Bureau, tribal and local laws, regulations, and policies for land management and real estate services applicable to land acquisition and disposal, leasing, rights of way, fee-to-trust, fee patents, and land management.
13. Analyze transactions, including the application, land description, appraisal, NEPA, title, and other clearances to ensure compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulation, tribal ordinances, policies and procedures.
14. Make recommendation for contract approval or disapproval on all transactions pertaining to trust and/or restricted lands.
15. Meet fiduciary and legal requirements by applying knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to all realty project activities.
16. Assure that any management of Indian trust assets considers the interest of the owner(s) and their intended use of the assets; conserve, protect and preserve trust assets.
17. Assures records management is addressed daily and annually.
18. Communicate and work with beneficiaries, co-workers, other agencies and clients to assess their needs and provide accurate information or assistance to address problems.
19. Encourage and facilitate cooperation, trust, teamwork and commitment to achieve common goals within various agencies and landowners.
20. Determine short and long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
21. Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional commitments; take appropriate action to ensure timely contribution to and/or completion of projects.
22. Use applicable Information Technology resources (software and hardware) for quality assurance.
23. Access, understand, and update realty data and management relate systems such as TAAMS, Protrac, etc.
24. Build and perform queries skillfully and efficiently with Excel Spread sheets.
25. Access, understand, and update budgetary and financial related systems such as TFAS.
26. Store, organize, and maintain multiple formats (including automated systems of record) of data in a usable condition; assure information is readily available; disseminate information effectively and securely.
27. Understand federal budget process; develop and monitor budgets, cuff accounts, and purchasing.
28. Prepare quarterly and annual reports including written narratives.
29. Listen and respond appropriately to others (oral, written, or non-verbal input).
30. Convey information, ideas, and facts of messages appropriately and effectively.
31. Use multimedia to communicate with landowners, applicants, operators, assignees, other agencies and companies.
32. Prepare comprehensive documents that indicate the facts, findings, and recommendations based upon thorough research using applicable standard formats producing clear, accurate, and wee-organized documents.
33. Set the overall objectives and resources available, and consult with the employee to develop deadlines and projects.
34. Plan and carry out work independently resolving difficult and complex problems, coordinate work with others, and interpret policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives.
35. Keep the supervisor informed of progress and potentially controversial matters.
36. Maintain feasibility and compatibility with other realty or land use area and is effective in meeting program objectives and requirements.
37. Initiate, approve, and evaluate functions dealing with Realty staff performance, conduct, training plans, leave and attendance.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
38. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.