Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 764468
PROGRAM ANALYST, GS-0343-7/9
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
Incumbent will occasionally operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
You must meet the basic educational/experience requirements for GS-1701. In addition, you must meet additional education and/or specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response you select). For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Program Analyst. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-09 Program Analyst. NOTE: Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
8. Develop management plans to set goals for measuring progress and curative action plan.
9. Plan, conduct and participate in organizational and management review studies.
10. Provide general administrative direction and assignments to support staff.
11. Take the initiative to plan, work, develop analytical methods or processes and perform without technical supervision.
12. Promote organizational unity and operational effectiveness through policies, plans, manual directives, and procedures to assure that they are in compliance.
13. Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of program operations.
14. Provide recommendations to support the development of long-range plans for executing and coordinating various Branch objectives.
15. Develop alternatives to correct program deficiencies with regard to timely and accurate reporting of critical activities and the processes they incorporate.
16. Initiate the recommended options, and monitor program operations to assure problems or issued are resolved.
17. Provide assistance in the development of reports indicating program status and accountability.
18. Assist in the development of measurable performance criteria.
19. Identify resources such as staff, funding, and equipment required to support program operations.
20. Develop cost projections for planning purposes.
21. Perform activities pertaining to budget formulation and execution.
22. Conduct financial planning to assure adequate funds are available or sought to support branch activities.
23. Responsible for performing program accounts maintenance activities (tracking, encoding, document review, document formulation and preparation, compliance, etc.) associated with the budget.
24. Responsible for the procurement of products.
25. Utilize a computer in order to efficiently manage and analyze data.
26. Use computer systems or applications to access, create, edit, print, send, retrieve, or manipulate data, files, or other information.
27. Maintain computerized databases or information tracking systems.
28. Operate standard office equipment e.g., telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier.
29. Keep up with new features in office equipment or technology.
30. Keep management informed of any existing or possible issues or problems.
31. Consult with personnel and administrative management staff concerning personnel matters.
32. Coordinate and collaborate with other offices in order to exchange information and resolve problems.
33. Participate in or represents the organization at briefings, meetings, or conferences.
34. Respond to inquiries on own initiative and follow up to ensure completion of requested information.
35. Compile and type correspondence, forms, and reports using proper format, spelling, and grammar.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
36. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.