Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the followings grade level GS-5 questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-5 Financial Technician.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
2. Indicate your level of typing proficiency by choosing the appropriate statement below. A typing test may be administered at a later time in the hiring process.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Assist budget officer in providing information and guidance to staff on procedures, forms, and documentation required to support travel vouchers.
4. Prepare and process vouchers and invoices for payments.
5. Verify financial invoices to ensure validity, correctness, and completeness.
6. Determine appropriate payments to vendors.
7. Research payment files to determine whether pending invoices or vouchers have been previously paid to prevent duplicate payments.
8. Apply mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction and multiplication to verify figures and account balances.
9. Ensure the timely processing of accounting documents submitted by internal and external personnel that require actions.
10. Resolve minor problems and disputed bills or payments.
11. Provide guidance and assistance to personnel on the completion of various financial management requests and travel vouchers.
12. Process vouchers and other financial documents.
13. Research and apply regulations, policies and procedures.
14. Work with customer to identify and correct process deficiencies and ensure supporting documentation is sufficient and accessible.
15. Utilize accounting systems to track funds.
16. Reconcile accounting or budgetary data by use of an automated financial system.
17. Manage automated travel systems.
18. Maintain accounting records.
19. Examine transactions involving vouchers, cash receipts or invoices to ensure accounting codes, signatures, prices, and services are annotated.
20. Communicate orally and in writing with employees and other agency personnel in the performance of duties.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
21. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department
Updated January 2011