1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Litigation Support Specialist (Civil), at the GS-13 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
2. Utilizes skill in presenting complex information, analysis, ideas and positions in a clear, succinct, accurate, convincing manner.
3. Communicates with key personnel, both internal and external to plan, coordinate, or advise on sensitive legal issues.
4. Effectively deals with varying levels of understanding and different interests and perspectives.
5. Formulates and draft complex written legal documents.
6. Develops written analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
7. Produces copies of relevant statutes, court case decisions, legal articles, rulings of regulatory agencies, etc., with written summarizations of research and written recommendations for the attorney.
8. Analyzes factual and legal claims, applies laws, regulations and policies to ensure Agency's preservation of documentation for pending or potential civil litigation matters.
9. Advises management in assigned organizations, regarding a wide variety of legal programs, statutes and regulations; to include MSPB, EEOC, FTCA and other constitutional statutory requirements.
10. Evaluates EEO programs of an agency or major organization.
11. Investigates and determines nature of a variety of EEO programs.
12. Manipulates and reconfigures data to generate informational and statistical reports.
13. Manages the automated legal research information system.
14. Conducts computer and manual legal research and develops exhibits, charts, visual aids, and reports.
15. Summarizes legal research into formal information papers, memorandums, letters and comprehensive pre-litigation reports.
16. Creates and develops comprehensive workload reports for individual attorneys as well as functional areas.
17. Provides administrative support duties essential to the direction and operation of the civil litigation section.
18. Prepares legal filings, copying, scanning and finalizing briefs.
19. Prepares certificates of service timely mailings of legal correspondence, and filings.
20. Prepares and maintains litigation files.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
21. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
22. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
23. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.