Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the qualification requirements of Public Health Analyst, GS-685-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, conducting studies and performing other analytical work related to the planning and development of public health programs related to global disease detection.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop, monitor, implement and evaluate interrelated public health programs involving governmental and non-governmental organizations across multiple sectors of the community.
3. Serve as principal advisor in developing short and long range goals for public health programs relating to global disease detection.
4. Analyze public health policies and programs to advise senior management on public health policies, strategies, and plans.
5. Evaluate long and short term goals and activities for international public health programs being carried out in developing countries.
6. Serve on the management team with responsibility for day-to-day operations of the office and as the principal advisor on the administrative aspects of the program operations to resolve matters that are often controversial or complicated.
7. Lead the development of a generic planning framework for global capacity building and of country and region-specific capacity building work plans.
8. Develop budgets for public health programs.
9. Provide advice and guidance on development, implementation and evaluation of interagency agreements, grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts.
10. Coordinate high level, collaborative projects with other internal and/or external organizations to meet broad agency goals.
11. Collaborate with agencies on emergency response activities.
12. Collaborate with foreign governments, USG agencies, and non-governmental organizations on global disease detection; global health security; global humanitarian emergency and refugee health; or health systems reconstruction.
13. Research and prepare responses to ad hoc or recurring inquiries received.
14. Develop networks, build alliances; engage in cross functional activities, collaborate across boundaries, find common ground with a broad range of stakeholders; and utilize contacts to build and strengthen internal support bases.
15. Develop libraries of training materials and formal presentations.
16. Develop progress reports and success stories.
17. Prepare directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements and legislative proposals.
18. Write applications for grants, contracts, or interagency agreements.
19. Present comprehensive program reviews to include recommendations on expanding programs and program effectiveness.
20. Communicate program findings or results orally where the subject of the communication related to global public health programs.
21. Present research and evaluation findings to colleagues and stakeholders.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.