Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (09) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
1. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), No person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
2. I possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in psychology. Note: Transcripts required with your application/resume package.
3. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education, Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Psychology Technician. Make sure resume/application support your response that you select.
The following statements pertain to your ability to observe patients assigned to various treatment modalities both obvious and clinically subtle changes in physical and/or emotional behavior.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying by fax using OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Administer psychological tests on adult and geriatric inpatients and outpatients referred for examination.
5. Administer neuropsychological tests on adults and geriatric inpatients and outpatients referred for examination.
6. Administer tests and procedures that assess the emotional health of adult and geriatric inpatients and outpatients.
The following statements pertain to your ability to administer and score test in comprehensive fashion and in accordance with established procedures.
7. Select and administer psychological test batteries that evaluate cognitive, academic, neuropsychological, behavior, and emotional status.
8. Score and record the measures that have been administered.
9. Facilitate the development and interpretation of a wide range of psychological and neuropsychological tests.
The following statements pertain to your ability to provide technical and psychometric support to psychologist on specialty teams and clinical research projects.
10. Evaluate and monitor the motivational levels of patients in relation to procedures needed for evaluation.
11. Evaluate and monitor the motivational levels of patients undergoing neuropsychological assessment.
12. Modify and adaptively restructure the parameters of a testing situation to accommodate the changes that occur with aging.
The following statements pertain to your skill in developing and interpreting a wide range of psychological tests and patient data to be used for the development of analytical and interpretative reports.
13. Interpret the content of psychological research.
14. Apply the methods and goals of psychological research.
15. Use advanced statistical data packages and competent in programming data analyses.
The following statements pertain to your skill in providing structured supportive counseling in conducting stress management and vocational and/or educational rehabilitation with a patient.
16. Assist in development of aftercare plans.
17. Provide supportive counseling in conducting stress management with a patient.
18. Provide vocational and/or educational rehabilitation with a patient.
The following statements pertain to your skill in training and certifying trainees to conduct patient testing.
19. Maintain up-to-date instructional materials.
20. Teach students and others precise methods to obtain accurate data.
21. Develop and implement practical strategies for completion of psychological, neuropsychological, and psychophysiological testing.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
22. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - In order to receive appropriate preference consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD- 214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10- Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the SF-15 form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).
Transcript Reminder - If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) you must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.
Resume Reminder - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)