Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-13.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop regulations, model codes and Federal guidelines pertaining to retail-level food operations.
4. Interpret regulations, model codes and Federal guidelines pertaining to retail-level food operations.
5. Revise regulations, model codes and Federal guidelines pertaining to retail-level food operations.
6. Provide technical support/advisory assistance to regulatory partners in support of retail food program activities.
7. Provide advice to industry stakeholders regarding appropriate regulations for food safety.
8. Ensure uniform application of ordinances, codes, guides, and Federal regulatory policy under law for food safety and public health.
9. Apply knowledge of retail and food service operational practices in assessing risks and establishing retail food safety policy.
10. Develop risk management strategies and study designs based on science and technology through literature review and continuing education.
11. Evaluate research reports on topics related to foodborne illness prevention and environmental sanitation, and converts findings to practical applications.
12. Identify areas where additional research is needed and proposes studies where deemed appropriate.
13. Provide consult on the design and implementation of training workshops and courses.
14. Conduct retail food inspections for special security events.
15. Apply knowledge of food service inspectional protocols and its limitations to retail food safety policy development.
16. Provide consult on current industry practices in food service and retail stores on food safety.
17. Evaluate research reports on topics related to food safety, food borne illness prevention and environmental sanitation.
18. Oversee the completion of written sections of model code provisions, program documents, and technical reports related to retail food safety.
19. Use computer technology and Microsoft and other software applications for maintaining records and completing tasks related to retail food projects.
20. Prepare concise written communications regarding scientific, technological, and operational information related to food safety at retail.
21. Prepare technical reports and responses to correspondence requiring technical knowledge and background on the retail and food service industry.
22. Develop training materials related to food safety.
23. Address national audiences on retail food program issues.
24. Serve as trainer within training course advisory groups for the Agency courses on retail food safety.
25. Represent the Center at the Agency at Regional multi-state seminars.