Please select the appropriate specialty code. You must provide supporting documentation in order to receive consideration.
001: Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status; OR, reinstatement eligibility into the competitive service. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing title, series, grade and the full performance level of the position; OR, you are a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. You must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) or if you are currently in the military a statement of service.
002: Non Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who held a permanent position in the competitive service that had the same (or higher) promotion potential as the full performance level of this job; OR, you meet these eligibility requirements from an excepted service agency with an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your SF-50 showing that you meet these requirements; OR, you are eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority such as those authorized for persons with disabilities; disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more; certain other veterans; spouses of certain members of the armed forces; and returning Peace Corps volunteers. You must submit relevant supporting documentation.
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that
demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a Paralegal Specialist at the CU-09 level.
2. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that
demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a Paralegal Specialist at the CU-11 level.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Perform complex legal research assignments.
4. Receive, review and process all requests for agency documents and testimony pursuant to 12 CFR, Part 792, Subpart C
5. Retrieve information using LEXIS/NEXIS and other legal research sources
6. Prepare technical and non-technical litigation documents responding to various motions.
7. Prepare technical and non-technical litigation documents including responses to discovery requests received by the agency.
8. Prepare memoranda, correspondence, and administrative reports using appropriate legal terminology and formats.
9. Assist in finalizing briefs, including editing, proof-reading, cite checking,and ensuring compliance with Blue Book citation format
10. Assist litigation attorneys with witnesses and introduction of documentary evidence at hearings.
11. Maintain tracking of litigation work assignments and tickler system of litigation due dates.
12. Provide legal assistance to customers.
13. Respond to program related issues/inquiries.