Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 05.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Physical Science Technician, GS-1311.
2. Are you a current, competitive service employee of Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs?A. YES
3. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education that meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Physical Science Technician, GS-1311-05.
4. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Physical Science Technician, GS-1311-06.
5. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education and meets the Additional Qualification Requirement for Physical Science Technician, GS-1311-07.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service, using various equipment and instruments to make complete and accurate records of receipt and handling of samples on analytical worksheets, recording procedures, observations, measurements, interpretations and evaluations of sanitation, drugs, food additives, chemical contaminants,medical devices and/or pesticides.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Ensure applicable laws, guidance and policies are implemented in accomplishing assigned tasks.
7. Select and perform established methods and procedures to make determinations for monitoring and regulatory enforcement purposes.
8. Ensure the correct interpretation of established operating policies and procedures are being followed.
9. Monitor laboratory procedures to ensure that they comply with quality assurance and quality control standards.
10. Perform routine and limited scientific analysis and tests of samples submitted by Agency personnel to the field laboratory.
11. Operate various laboratory equipment and instruments such as; autoclave, centrifuge, pH meter, microscopes, etc.
12. Prepare reports of analyses and calibrations which thoroughly document procedures used, method modifications and method validations.
13. Prepare reports with guidance stating the results and conclusions documenting the nature of any regulatory violations.
14. Prepare scientific reports to support regulatory monitoring and enforcement actions.
15. Consult with other scientists concerning methodology problems encountered in the analysis of samples.
16. Communicate with other scientific staff to plan and coordinate work efforts; explain procedures and methods; and resolve work problems.
17. Train other laboratory personnel in procedures and analyses.