Please choose option: 001 All US Citizens
1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the Basic Requirement for this position.A. I possess a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of my graduation and have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
2. Have you completed at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting(i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited as such training)?
Include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada.A. Yes, I meet the above requirement.
3. Do you have a permanent, current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States?A. Yes (you must submit a copy)
4. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service, developing policy and guidance for a cosmetics industry or program; managing public communication activities relating to cosmetics products and ingredients; monitoring compliance activities for a cosmetics program; and providing administrative and technical supervision or leadership to employees?A. Yes (this specialized experience should be reflected in your resume)
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
5. Develop and monitor compliance programs for cosmetics and color additives in cosmetics.
6. Coordinate and/or monitor public communications regarding cosmetic products and ingredients.
7. Review and provide expert medical/clinical advice on proposed regulatory actions, guidance, and other documents relating to cosmetics and color additives in cosmetics.
8. Evaluate and address adverse publications or events relating to the safety of cosmetic products.
9. Provide clinical expertise and advice to research and review staff on issues relating to the risk assessment of cosmetics.
10. Coordinate the development and evaluation of a cosmetics program including the implementation of laws and regulations.
11. Schedule work assignments, set priorities, and coordinate the work of a staff.
12. Evaluate and provide feedback to employees on their job performance.
13. Conduct interview and recommend candidates for vacant positions.
14. Resolve issues and conflicts among employees to minimize any negative impacts within a program or division.
15. Recommend training for employees to enhance their work performance and skills.
16. Monitor individual development plans to ensure career goals are being achieved for employees.
17. Ensure EEO objectives are met and all personnel actions are properly justified and documented.
18. Interact and collaborate with scientific researchers, regulated cosmetic industries, and government organizations.
19. Present scientific briefings regarding a program and/or initiative at national or international conferences or events.
20. Represent an organization on committees and at meetings regarding cosmetic program concerns or issues.
21. Consult with scientific industry officials to facilitate program implementation or changes.
22. Review scientific reports, manuscripts, papers or other documents developed by subordinate staff.
23. Write reports on scientific and policy issues used for both internal and external publications.
24. Prepare research proposals for cosmetic initiatives.
25. Develop regulations, policy, and/or procedures for a regulatory industry or program.