Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 766219
MANAGEMENT ANALYST, GS-0343-13
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?A. I certify that I possess a valid Drivers License.
5. Carefully read the following description of experience and/or education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-13, Management Analyst. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that include activities such as: 1) gathering and analyzing information about a program in which it operates; 2) identifying key issues and developing recommendations to improve or resolve substantive problems of effectiveness and efficiency of support activities for work operations; and 3) presenting and communicating findings, options, solutions and recommendations to management. NOTE: The contents of your resume must support this response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Points)
6. Execute and monitor budget transactions and formulate internal operating budget and controls.
7. Identify accounting errors and reconcile accounts or other financial records for office.
8. Provide oversight of the expenditure of activity funds against programmed requirements to assure that funds are properly allocated and being obligated.
9. Plan and prioritize a wide variety of administrative work.
10. Provide guidance on administrative laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to management customers.
11. Develop a short and long range plan relating to administrative functions.
12. Coordinate recruitment, promotion, awards, and training activities.
13. Direct the preparation of personnel documents for hiring, reassignment, promotion, performance evaluation, and employee recognition.
14. Initiate and coordinate requests for personnel actions with the human resources office.
15. Advise management on development of performance standards and evaluation of work performance.
16. Prepare budget requests or justifications for funding requirements.
17. Monitor programs, projects, and activities to track financial expenditures.
18. Review and check expenses to ensure funds were spent in accordance with internal operating budget and control guidelines.
19. Advise management on availability of funds, day-to-day management of expenditures, and overall financial management.
20. Review and check expenses to ensure funds were spent in accordance with internal operating budget and control guidelines.
21. Use a wide range of methods for assessing and improving complex programs, processes and systems.
22. Review proposed legislative changes to assess the projected impact upon the policy initiatives, programs, and/or resources of the organization.
23. Prepare long-range and short-range planning guidance for new or revised policies or procedures.
24. Analyze existing policies, programs, and operations for effectiveness, efficiency, compliance with laws and regulations, and responsiveness to management's direction.
25. Conduct studies using qualitative and quantitative analyses concerning critical infrastructure key resources protection or related activities.
26. Assess impact of integrating new data collection tools and databases on program operations.
27. Negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations where the proposals involve substantial agency resources, require extensive changes in established procedures, or may be in conflict with current planned activities.
28. Accurately represent your agency or office at internal organizational meetings and working groups.
29. Accurately represent your agency or office at external meetings to achieve formal agreements between organizations.
30. Communicate, liaise, or present on abstract concepts such as policy, law, or organizational values.
31. Prepare and contribute to reports and presentations on policy goals, objectives, or impacts.
32. Serve as the Point of Contact for the Division and managers to resolve issues related to advisory/technical services of administrative support functions.
33. Contact others orally obtaining information.
34. Respond orally to inquiries or requests for information.
35. Develop and maintain effective relationships with others to complete daily tasks.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
36. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.