In order to apply to this position, you must be a citizen of the United States. Please check the appropriate response below to indicate your current citizenship status.
1. Citizenship:A. U.S. Citizen
If you answered C, please provide information regarding your citizenship status.
Must be proficient in spoken and written English. Please check the answer below to indicate your English language proficiency.
2. Are you proficient in spoken and written English?A. Yes
This section deals with the basic education requirement for the position. If you are unsure as to whether or not you attended a graduate program that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of programs that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your education.
3. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology that was accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) at the time you completed the requirements for the degree? Is the specialty area of the degree is consistent with the assignment for which you are applying?A. Yes
This section deals with the basic internship requirement for the position. If you are unsure as to whether or not you participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of internships that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your residency.
4. Which of the following best describes your internship status?A. I completed a professional psychology internship that was accredited by the APA at the time I completed the internship.
Applicants must possess a valid state driver's license. This position requires that you operate a government motor vehicle as part of your official duties.
5. Do you have a current, full, active and unrestricted driving license?A. Yes
Please provide the following information: state which issued drivers' license, driver's license number, and expiration date of license.
Psychologists are required to hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. This requirement may be waived for a period not to exceed 2 years from the date of employment, on the condition that such a psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a psychologist who is so licensed. Non-licensed psychologists who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate psychologist. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the appointment. The following item is for informational purposes only - you will not be screened in or out of the selection process on the basis of your response to this item.
6. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - This section evaluates your knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
For each task below, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If you are not applying online, please darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item. When answering each question, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification.A- I do not have experience, demonstrated capability, or training in performing this activity, but I am willing to learn.
7. Propose an action plan with recommendations to address clinical, research, or organizational problems.
8. Evaluate input and feedback from team members to facilitate collaborative decision making.
9. Identify and evaluate the potential impact and consequences of alternatives in making clinical, administrative, or organizational decisions.
The next three questions refer to "customers." Customers are defined as clients, colleagues, or any individuals to whom services are provided.
10. Assess customer satisfaction to identify methods to improve services.
11. Implement recommendations to improve the quality of services delivered to customers.
12. Explain psychological assessment results, interventions, or outcomes to customers to ensure understanding.
13. Identify psychological diagnostic tests and other procedures to assess the behavioral, emotional, functional, or psychological condition of patients.
14. Administer psychological diagnostic tests and other procedures to assess the emotional, functional, or psychological condition of patients.
15. Interpret the results of psychological diagnostic tests and assessments to develop patient treatment plans.
16. Diagnose mental disorders using information collected from the administration of psychological assessments.
17. Plan clinical treatment for individual patients based on psychological assessment data.
18. Plan psychological intervention strategies as part of a multidisciplinary team.
19. Provide comprehensive, evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions, including individual, family, and group psychotherapy to meet the needs of patients.
20. Develop comprehensive, customized psychological or behavioral health treatment plans for patients with complicating factors (e.g., physical disabilities, lack of support or resources).
21. Develop new and unique treatment plans to meet the needs of patients that have made minimal progress in prior treatment programs.
22. Recommend newly proven or experimental psychological or behavioral health treatment when a clinically sound and professional argument can be made.
23. Evaluate effectiveness of psychological or behavioral health treatment strategies to adjust practices as necessary.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
24. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in the application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5. C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REMINDER - you must provide a complete application package which includes (at a minimum):
• VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations
• CV or Resume
• Proof of current certification, licensure or registration
• Copy of Transcripts
• Copy of driver's license