Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 766448
HOUSING PROGRAM SPECIALIST, GS-1101-11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
The incumbent of this position is required, as an incidental duty, to operate a Government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties pursuant to the Bureau's established policies and procedures.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings ARE subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, go to http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
5. Carefully read the following description of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Housing Program Specialist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
6. Carefully read the following description of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Housing Program Specialist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
7. Ability to administer the Housing Improvement Program in accordance with federal laws, regulations and policies.
8. Utilize available resources to address the housing problem on reservations.
9. Clarify Public Law 93-638 requirements in regards to the Housing improvement program.
10. Review Housing Improvement contracts for compliance with PL 93-638 contract and regulatory requirements.
11. Consult with the PL 93-638 contractor, housing director or tribal government representative on the protection and utilization of housing improvement resources for eligible applicants.
12. Identify non-compliance issues and independently work with the contractor to take corrective actions.
13. Manage the Housing Improvement program in accordance with program requirements.
14. Collect housing program and tribal government information and data to submit in a timely manner.
15. Establish regional work plans.
16. Monitor program budgets to assure the appropriate usage of budget resources comply with accounting/budget program requirements.
17. Analyze program budgets and needs to propose alternative approaches to accomplish program goals.
18. Maintain working relationships between federal, state and tribal programs.
19. Provide advice and guidance in the interpretation and application of federal statues regulations and tribal governing documents.
20. Apply knowledge of tribal government operations to the resolution of problems that arise in federal/state/tribal relations.
21. Provide assistance to agency and tribal staff in the execution of tribal operations and the housing program.
22. Conduct reviews and analyses of PL 93-638 contracting proposals for housing and tribal operation activities.
23. Worked with diverse individuals, tribal governments, contractors, state, county and other federal programs to resolve problems independently.
24. Communicate with customers to meet their identified objectives in regards to the housing program.
25. Collaborate with individuals, tribal, state, federal and non-governmental representatives on matters of mutual interest.
26. Clarify expertise on Indian housing, tribal government operations and the PL 93-638 contract process to customers seeking information or problem resolution.
27. Analyze program issues to report in writing the issue(s) and the resolution to the problems.
As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you; (a) understand this warning, (b) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy and (c) verify that your responses accurately described your current level of experience and capability.
28. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.