Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 766595
TV Production Specialist
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
Do you possess one-year of specialized experience at the next lower level GS-12?
Demonstrated directing experience with state-of-the-art live television broadcasts with emphasis on energetic news (i.e. daily news in prime time viewing, live election coverage and breaking/live event coverage), including responsibility to simultaneously direct, technical direct, trigger graphics and trigger video clips in a show. Experience mapping rundowns with producers, camera blocking and background staging. Experience working with producers and graphics departments composing graphics for video wall. Directing experience with technical directing skills involving a broad range of news, cultural issues and in foreign languages within a complex state of the art studio or equally complex studio in the field such as the Newseum. Demonstrated use of video switchers with three mix/effect banks. Regularly directs giving verbal instructions to various crew and production members and directly controls automated production systems while updating rundown as broadcasts are in progress.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Oversees creative aspects of the productions, such as studio and control room on-air moves and flow from shot-to-shot.
3. Experience simultaneously directing, technical directing, triggering graphics, and triggering video clips and operating an automated rundown in multi-set/multi-camera live shows.
4. Coordinates with Master Control and TV Traffic Specialists to facilitate incoming remotes/live shots and outgoing feeds.
5. Exercises final authority and responsibility for the broadcast and technical quality.
6. Directorial and technical liaison to the production services, ensuring the services’ requirements can be met through creation and repair of updated rundowns.
7. Review and repair character generator templates and the floating of stories with moment-by-moment changing events.
8. Recommends and selects studio set elements and equipment for multi-set/multi-camera television production studios