Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Security Specialist position, GS-0080-07, position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service. Specifically, specialized experience is described as experience performing a wide variety of administrative tasks associated with maintaining and supporting a security program.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your experience as it relates to the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform this Personnel Security Specialist position. Please select only one letter.A- I have not had any training or experience in performing this task.
2. Maintain detailed security program records and preparing regular and recurring reports in multiple categories and formats.
3. Tracking and maintaining routine control records and logs.
4. Maintain and retrieve standard office records and reports.
5. Interpret, explain, and apply standard, moderately complex guides to accomplish required administrative actions.
6. Follow administrative procedures and interpret and explain office policies.
7. Independently conduct research, and apply regulations and Standard Operating Procedures to complete administrative activities.
8. Follow written instructions and apply administrative guidelines, manuals, standard operating procedures, etc., to complete forms and prepare correspondence.
9. Prepare investigative reports for simple cases with one or a few simple issues and a single respondent.
10. Compile case files, including preparation of affidavits, collation of documentary evidence, and makes recommendations on further administrative action.
11. Instruct customers on correct procedures for completing detailed security processes and/or transactions (such as, resolving incomplete or inconsistent data in standard security program transactions; in processing for employment; out processing for employment termination; and identification badge replacement).
12. Manage correspondence services for an organization with a mission that affects a wide range of agency activities, a large segment of the public, or the business community.
13. Respond to inquiries from individuals and other offices and/or agencies concerning office-related issues and coordinating and scheduling a few office-related activities to meet given deadlines.
14. Acts as central resource person for implementing and maintaining office control systems such as those for the location, access to and use of files.
15. Provides oversight for the management and disposition of records.
16. Gather data from a variety of sources, using program specific analysis techniques, and preparing reports or information in an acceptable style and format.
17. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 CFR part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.