Please select the appropriate specialty code. You must provide supporting documentation in order to receive consideration.
001: Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status; OR, reinstatement eligibility into the competitive service. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing title, series, grade and the full performance level of the position; OR, you are a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. You must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) or if you are currently in the military a statement of service.
002: Non Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who held a permanent position in the competitive service that had the same (or higher) promotion potential as the full performance level of this job; OR, you meet these eligibility requirements from an excepted service agency with an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your SF-50 showing that you meet these requirements; OR, you are eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority such as those authorized for persons with disabilities; disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more; certain other veterans; spouses of certain members of the armed forces; and returning Peace Corps volunteers. You must submit relevant supporting documentation.
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that
demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a Consumer Access Analyst at the CU-13 level.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Prepare responses to complex inquiries regarding matters such as field of memberships and charter conversions.
3. Prepare examination and other reports, memoranda, and responses to external audiences regarding financial institutions.
4. Prepare final written reports on examination findings.
5. Prepare written analysis to support recommendations to approve or disapprove requests from financial institutions regarding field of memberships, charter conversions, low-income designations or bylaw amendments.
6. Prepare written briefing papers for senior management.
7. Develop and prepare training materials and presentations for intended audiences.
8. Met with officials and management to present examination findings.
9. Made presentations at internal or external events, forums or meetings.
10. Guide and assist officials in resolving areas of concern.
11. Serve as the organization's spokesperson to senior management officials concerning complex examination issues.
12. Consult with appropriate specialists regarding examination issues.
13. Review, analyze, and recommend approval of charter conversion requests.
14. Review, and analyze requests for credit union bylaw amendments.
15. Review, and analyze requests for field of memberships and make recommendation for approval or disapproval.
16. Review application for chartering a new financial institution and provide guidance regarding the chartering process.
17. Analyze pro-forma financial statements to determine the potential impact on a financial institution.
18. Analyze financial institutions data prior to conducting an examination to determine areas of risk.
19. Serve as an advisor on matters involving chartering, charter conversions, field of memberships, bylaw amendments or low-income designations matters and provide alternative solutions.